You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TSPP”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2675 (resized).png
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Taking my collection from 2 games to 5. I have MET and JD. Love both games because of depth and modes. I'll have NGG and EBD here soon and have the budget and space for 1 more.

I love the theme of TSPP and heard it's deep. Never played it though. I like the idea of IMVE because I've heard it's fast and difficult, but I've never really gotten into superhero stuff.

Leaning IMVE for times when I only have 30 mins to play a few games. I think TSPP is long like MET when you get a game going?

Any input from folks that have played both would be greatly appreciated. Even better if you can give input as a collection of 5 machines.

#2 7 years ago

And I suck because I messed up the poll. Will try to fix that now

#3 7 years ago

Can't figure out how to edit the poll part so just advice on the games would be great

#4 7 years ago

Polar opposites--stop & go (TSPP) or really fast (IMVE). Never played IMVE, but with TSPP I was never good enough at it to explore the deep rule set. So nearly every time I played it was Otto callouts, Doh Frenzy (Doh, doh, DOH DOH DOH doh doh DOH), Comic Book Guy hurry-up music, some Daredevil bumpers, a few trips to the upper playfield, maybe Duffman and that would be about it. Ten minutes later and a pathetic score of about 25 million had me thinking I would've had more fun playing something a bit faster paced. As a fan of the Simpsons show, I wanted to like it more, but it just didn't click.

Since you already have Metallica and it can be a bit wood-choppin' (TSPP is that way too, but with more hand-holding for the Chuck E. Cheese crowd where these were routed) I'd go with IMVE.

#5 7 years ago

TSPP is awesome! One of the best games out there. I've not played IM much, so idk about that one.

#6 7 years ago

Not a big fan of IM but I do own a TSPP

#7 7 years ago

You say you love modes and depth. TSPP is the clear winner if that's your criteria.

I would never buy a game I haven't played. I suggest you play them each for a few hours and decide if it's one you want to own.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Polar opposites--stop & go (TSPP) or really fast (IMVE). Never played IMVE, but with TSPP I was never good enough at it to explore the deep rule set. So nearly every time I played it was Otto callouts, Doh Frenzy (Doh, doh, DOH DOH DOH doh doh DOH), Comic Book Guy hurry-up music, some Daredevil bumpers, a few trips to the upper playfield, maybe Duffman and that would be about it. Ten minutes later and a pathetic score of about 25 million had me thinking I would've had more fun playing something a bit faster paced. As a fan of the Simpsons show, I wanted to like it more, but it just didn't click.
Since you already have Metallica and it can be a bit wood-choppin' (TSPP is that way too, but with more hand-holding for the Chuck E. Cheese crowd where these were routed) I'd go with IMVE.

This is my concern with having MET and TSPP in the same lineup. When I need a quick fix, I can't get that with MET unless it's a bad game on my end. Good feedback!

#9 7 years ago

They're both great, you can't lose either way.

TSPP: Long games, but so much depth that you're constantly uncovering new and exciting things to do. Great layout, fun to shoot. Whitestar sound quality is a turnoff to some...but if you can get past that, it is a fun and robust sound package.

IM: Short games, almost no depth or real modes...but it does have some stacking nuance - and a super addictive quality. You want to keep pressing start and going again. If you have a good game, you could get to the wizard mode on one ball...but that's a rare occurrence, so when it happens, it feels really great! Awesome sound quality and music. Hooked to a subwoofer it will rock your house.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

This is my concern with having MET and TSPP in the same lineup. When I need a quick fix, I can't get that with MET unless it's a bad game on my end. Good feedback!

TSPP is the annoying (music/callouts, even as a fan of the series) and slower-paced version of Metallica, and I'm not much of a fan of their music. Having both is redundant, especially with 5 or fewer pins.

#11 7 years ago

Both are great games but I would pick Simpson and I think it would be a good desecion for you if you like deep mode games.

#12 7 years ago

I don't care for either, but I'd go IM as Simpsons has some of the most annoying audio to me

#13 7 years ago

Quick fix and fast Imve . Super awesome super deap and keeper in collection Stpp !

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You say you love modes and depth. TSPP is the clear winner if that's your criteria.
I would never buy a game I haven't played. I suggest you play them each for a few hours and decide if it's one you want to own.

My thoughts exactly. We have an amazing location about an hour away. No TSPP or IM tho

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

TSPP is the annoying (music/callouts, even as a fan of the series) and slower-paced version of Metallica, and I'm not much of a fan of their music. Having both is redundant, especially with 5 or fewer pins.

Stpp a slower version of mettalica couldn't be further from the truth . Ya replace the met with Imve and ad Stpp problem solved .

#16 7 years ago

I've owned all three. IM and Met are still here. I think if I could do it again I'd stick with IM and TSPP.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Can't figure out how to edit the poll part so just advice on the games would be great

If you can't figure out a poll then you won't be able to figure out TSPP. Go with IMVE.

#18 7 years ago

TSPP all day long.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

My thoughts exactly. We have an amazing location about an hour away. No TSPP or IM tho

Champaign shows both on their Pinball Map. Time for a road trip! http://pinballmap.com/champaign#
If you go, I suggest you contact the location or regional admin to verify the games are in working order.

#20 7 years ago

Without a doubt, TSPP. Especially for a home use game.

Plenty of past threads that extoll the virtues of TSPP. Once you learn the rules, it is so immersive.

#21 7 years ago

TSPP is awesome! One of the best games out there

#22 7 years ago

TSPP owners are here and they're a proud lot. Good for them.

#23 7 years ago

If you're asking for quick games, IMVE. If I have 10 minutes, I'll blast through 3 games no problem. It is brutal and special. The thing is, it provides massive pinball satisfaction. Even when you get nowhere in the game, it's still satisfying. I may end up screaming and ready to flip the game over, but I'm happy. IM has a special quality that very few games provide. It is just so good.

That doesn't detract from TSPP. It's a good game, and much more complex and deep. Short games are aweful because you don't get anywhere. That isn't a knock, it is just the game. But it's still brilliant. Just long playing and a very different style.

So for what you are asking, IM. Set it up brutally. Make it so Do Or Die hurry up is a massive accomplishment. There is a setup where the game just sings. Too easy and it gets boring quick. But setup right, oh my.

#24 7 years ago

IMG_2675 (resized).pngIMG_2675 (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25 7 years ago

IMO you can't go wrong either way, I love them both.

Honestly Tspp had more value (stuff) for the money more rules, more shots better dots.

IM is more intense play but could get repetitive after a while but I have so many games I don't play some games for a couple weeks so I never get tired of even a shorter game like IM.

#26 7 years ago

Honestly do have the space, but the wife and kids already think I'm crazy for going from 2 to 5.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If you can't figure out a poll then you won't be able to figure out TSPP. Go with IMVE.

Damn good point here

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Champaign shows both on their Pinball Map. Time for a road trip! http://pinballmap.com/champaign#
If you go, I suggest you contact the location or regional admin to verify the games are in working order.

Can get some good beer in Champaign that i cant get in Indy while i am there. Could talk some friends into a beer and pinball roadie. I like where your heads at

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Honestly do have the space, but the wife and kids already think I'm crazy for going from 2 to 5.

It's good to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I just brought #5 home last weekend. Managed to squeeze 4 together such that the lineup of 5 only stuck out about 8-10" from where I had the previous 4.

#30 7 years ago

Owned both, enjoyed both, sold both. If I were to buy one today, I'd go with TSPP. Complete polar opposites and you need to play both to see which you'd enjoy to have in your collection.

#31 7 years ago

Had both, Sold both, Bought another IMVE. Tspp was a great machine, but just got old after a while. Traded it for a LOTR.

#32 7 years ago

I vote IMVE. Iron Man is my favorite Stern. And you won't need 30 min to play a few games. You can do that in 10. I'd say IM is even better than Tron. Jericho mode with a big subwoofer is phenomenal. Collecting Do or Die Jackpot for 30+ Mil is even more satisfying than destroying the ring in LOTR. Comparing TSPP to IM is like comparing a 3 hour comedy (if there is such a thing) to Mad Max or T2.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

It's good to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I just brought #5 home last weekend. Managed to squeeze 4 together such that the lineup of 5 only stuck out about 8-10" from where I had the previous 4.

Pretty sure my wife is worried 5 machines will turn into 10. This damn hobby is awesome

#34 7 years ago

IMVE is one of my all time favorite games. TSPP is a great game and I like it a lot.....but it didn't make the final cut for me.

That being said I don't particularly love super deep, long games. I generally prefer faster and more brutal. IM is the king of fast and brutal.

#35 7 years ago

I don't have experience with Simpson's but I love my IM and I think the call outs are awesome. I have flipper fidelity speakers and that enhances the play.

Nice thing if these don't work out easy to sell.

#36 7 years ago

I had both at the same time...IMVE is still here

#37 7 years ago

Games couldn't be more different.

If a boring playfield, extremely deep software, and chop wood stop and go play and the Simpsons are your thing, get that.

If you like Speed, fast games, intense action, early 90s style shallow software and iron man, get that.

What's up with these threads anyway? Can't anybody make up their own minds these days? Just buy one and if you don't like it sell it and buy the other. Nobody loses any money on games anymore.

#39 7 years ago

if it was me i'd take a TSPP but that's because I have a BSD

if I were you i'd get the Iron Man, it seems like your leaning that way anyways

both are great stern games

#41 7 years ago

Definitely leaning IM. Sounds like it gives me the fast yet fulfilling play I'm looking for. Need to play both of them to make sure.

Thank you all for the feedback!

#42 7 years ago

Yeah if you want a quick fix IM is the way to go. It is brutal, but so fun and a super rush! If you play 3 games in a half hour you are crunshing it! My wife and kids and casual players like it even! You can actually play a two player game with a casual player on IM. The casual player will oddly beat you from time to time even.

Simpsons is great and was ahead of its time for sure, but the music, to deep rules and lack of flow are all painful for me.

#43 7 years ago

When you connect with TSPP and start stacking modes and having a crazy game it's magic. IM is always simple quick fun you'll never get tired of. Really tough call, I think everybody needs to have TSPP in their collection at least once to enjoy all the nuances. Since you already have a Borg game it might be worth it to go for TSPP. You can't go wrong with either, and both will hold their relative value if/when you decide to move on.

#44 7 years ago

So I watched the PAPA tutorial on youtube for both games. Seems like you can get rolling in a game of IM a lot more quickly than TSPP. The excitement of the game started much earlier in the IM video. Plus you could hear the excitement in his voice as modes were building and stacking with IM.

He got 2 good games of IM finished in a 20 min video. TSPP video was 45 minutes and don't have the patience to watch the whole video.

#45 7 years ago

One thing I like (some don't) but you can disable the top post in IM makes the skill shot well nigh impossible but also makes the game roll.

My pinball night IMVE was the most played and my friend said how come I set the tilt so tight? I didn't think it was set any tighter than my other pins but it's more I think you want to nudge the crap out of IM

I've played some IM in the wild that didn't feel as fast as mine, so with pinballs setup is very important and game feel different depending on the machine.

#46 7 years ago

Two of my favorite machines! The games are polar opposites but they couldn't compliment each other better in a collection. I have them sitting side by side and I don't see either ever leaving.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

One thing I like (some don't) but you can disable the top post in IM makes the skill shot well nigh impossible but also makes the game roll.
My pinball night IMVE was the most played and my friend said how come I set the tilt so tight? I didn't think it was set any tighter than my other pins but it's more I think you want to nudge the crap out of IM
I've played some IM in the wild that didn't feel as fast as mine, so with pinballs setup is very important and game feel different depending on the machine.

I recommend to any IM owner disable the top post and at least try it. It feels like a whole new game.

#49 7 years ago

Much more things to do with TSPP

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

Much more things to do with TSPP

Much Much Much more things to do with TSPP

Tspp is a Premium,The game is Awesome Rules Toys Voices ...
I never got into IM and the Playfield is empty but it's my opinion

Go with what you like best ,i am not really into Superhero's but Simpson
show is awesome to me,i have a Spiderman i like the game but when
i play it it's not like when i play Acdc Met or Tspp cause those games (theming+Great code game) Pumps me up like Crazy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-or-imve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.