Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Propaganda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Up until just recently, I had only put a couple of games in on TSPP. Pretty much most of the comments I see people make is about how deep the game is. Yes, there is A LOT of stuff going on and now that I've owned one for a few weeks I feel like maybe I'm starting to scratch the surface just a little of how much this game has going for it.

But, what this post is really about is just about how stinking fun the game is. The number of shots (and not easy ones at that), the stacking of modes, managing the countdown timer, the humor (this is by far the funniest pin I've played...actually laugh out loud type of funny), the theme integration and the artwork are all excellent in my opinion.

Simply put, TSPP is getting more play lately in my room than anything else as of late. I'm sure part of that is simply that it is new to me but I can say I am really happy I got this baby (immaculate 2004 HUO version). I thought I'd end up trade-baiting this one pretty quickly but I don't think it is going anywhere for quite a while.

Anyone else feel similarly?

#2 9 years ago

I only logged my hours in on a semi-beater machine in an airport I frequently fly through. I find it HARD, but this might because I don't know the rules, I'm always keeping an open ear for my flight to be called, and I'm usually too excited to be in a room with 7 other machine to play games on!

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, I find this one tough also. The GC score on mine in something like 160 million but the best I've done so far is a paultry 20 mil or so. The rules are crazy and like I mentioned, after owning for nearly a month I feel like I'm only scratching the surface. First couple of games I had no idea what the heck I was doing.

#4 9 years ago

Absolutely. You can easily argue it's one of the best pins ever made. It does everything absolutely perfectly and gives just rewards for ascending difficulty accomplishments and has depth unsurpassed in pinball that I know of. It firmly cements KJ as the best programmer in pinball, IMO.

I'm not a Stern cheer-boy but this game has all the goods. Of all the games I had to sell, I miss this one the most.

It's just freaking awesome.

#5 9 years ago

One of the best pins ever made! Tons of fun! "Thank you, Please come again"

#6 9 years ago

The Springfield Mystery Spot is one of my favorite modes in all of pinball.

#7 9 years ago

I'm almost ashamed to admit, I have never "gotten it" with TSPP. I know there is a lot there, but it just never comes together for me. Someday I'll own one, and then I'll finally figure it out.

#8 9 years ago

I love homers day , I think its a fun mode.

#9 9 years ago

This is not my normal style of game, but I enjoy it every time I play it. I just bought one, so I'm looking forward to playing a lot more games in the future...

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

This is not my normal style of game, but I enjoy it every time I play it. I just bought one, so I'm looking forward to playing a lot more games in the future...

It is somewhat different, I agree. The nice thing about the variety is if I'm in the mood for something flowing I'll head over to the STLE...frantic and fast-paced I say "hi" to Tron...epic mood will have me move over 2 spots to LOTR-LE.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine.

#11 9 years ago

Easily the best game Stern will ever make, great game !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 9 years ago

I've had mine nib since 2003. Would never sell it, never gets old. Doesn't get as much play because it's not as new, but it's still a great game. I feel it's the best ever made, theme is just so well integrated, it's deep, callouts are hilarious and never gets old. I am a huge Simpsons fan, so have some bias. Only hit against it is long ball times, but given how deep it is, you need long ball times. There are some games I don't break 5 mil and others that can go on 30+ minutes. You can easily shorten the game by being less generous with extra balls.

Been to AI many times, never gotten past it...very tough mode.

#13 9 years ago

Good to hear Darin. I have one coming in the next week. It is only staying until Hobbit gets here, but I am looking forward to some time on it.

Congratulations on the acquisition!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Good to hear Darin. I have one coming in the next week. It is only staying until Hobbit gets here, but I am looking forward to some time on it.
Congratulations on the acquisition!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to my Hobbit also. I loved some of the figures that JJP showed on their email today.

Ya know, in life, so many times things we get are not as good as they thought they would be. TSPP for me is just the opposite. I wasn't expecting much but this pin is blowing me away and I don't even know a fraction of the stuff that is going on. I love it when things exceed expectation!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I am a huge Simpsons fan, so have some bias.

I'm just the opposite, I didn't care for The Simpsons show at all but boy do I love this machine. Keith just as with LOTR did a wonderful job with the coding making it deep to very deep while still maintaining the fun factor. The callouts are some of the best in pinball, the artwork fits in so well and like many others said you just can't get enough of it. I'm glad my Met Pro sold so I can keep this one because it would have been a major loss if went. This is a keeper for sure and she'll stay right next to my LOTR (in the Keith section).

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Yeah, I find this one tough also. The GC score on mine in something like 160 million but the best I've done so far is a paultry 20 mil or so. The rules are crazy and like I mentioned, after owning for nearly a month I feel like I'm only scratching the surface. First couple of games I had no idea what the heck I was doing.

It is a hard game to run up a score. Muitiball with a mode like Duff or Krusty that you can pound the same shot helps.

#17 9 years ago

Because of the large run number you can find then in the 3500 - 4500 HUO and as Sterns go that is ok.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Because of the large run number you can find then in the 3500 - 4500 HUO and as Sterns go that is ok.

I wish.... In the Toronto area you won't find a good one for less then 5000

#19 9 years ago

I recently picked up an extremely nice TSPP and I was blown away with how much fun I am having. This game for sure is a keeper, especially if you have a small-medium size collection. I am not even a huge fan of The Simpsons and I really enjoy playing it. Too bad I will be moving shortly and my TSPP is up on the chopping block (cheap plug, sorry).

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Mine is up for sale for $3900 and it could very well be HUO - no proof so can't say that for sure but I have plenty of pictures depicting the condition.

#20 9 years ago

Good game.

#21 9 years ago

I still think this is one of the most underrated of the upper level games. I certainly think over time if offers much more fun, play, and all around pinball than most of what is in the top ten.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Up until just recently, I had only put a couple of games in on TSPP. Pretty much most of the comments I see people make is about how deep the game is. Yes, there is A LOT of stuff going on and now that I've owned one for a few weeks I feel like maybe I'm starting to scratch the surface just a little of how much this game has going for it.
But, what this post is really about is just about how stinking fun the game is. The number of shots (and not easy ones at that), the stacking of modes, managing the countdown timer, the humor (this is by far the funniest pin I've played...actually laugh out loud type of funny), the theme integration and the artwork are all excellent in my opinion.
Simply put, TSPP is getting more play lately in my room than anything else as of late. I'm sure part of that is simply that it is new to me but I can say I am really happy I got this baby (immaculate 2004 HUO version). I thought I'd end up trade-baiting this one pretty quickly but I don't think it is going anywhere for quite a while.
Anyone else feel similarly?

Completely agree!!!...Game pretty much has it all, and always fun to play.....when I'm in cartoon mode, I move to TSPP and FG for the major fun fix!!!.......mark

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I recently picked up an extremely nice TSPP and I was blown away with how much fun I am having. This game for sure is a keeper, especially if you have a small-medium size collection. I am not even a huge fan of The Simpsons and I really enjoy playing it. Too bad I will be moving shortly and my TSPP is up on the chopping block (cheap plug, sorry).

Mine is up for sale for $3900 and it could very well be HUO - no proof so can't say that for sure but I have plenty of pictures depicting the condition.

No problem. GLWS.

#24 9 years ago

Hmmm, keep thinking about buying one o f these...

#25 9 years ago

There is what they ask and there is what they sell for.

#26 9 years ago

Pins really do (usually) sell for more in Canada, but if it means saving $500 at customs, as well as the addition of shipping at the extreme end, then we're pretty on par.

#27 9 years ago

Hey guys, let's not derail this thread on pricing garbage. Let's keep it on azimuth which is TSPP being such a damn great game. I have owned mine longer than any other game. Plus it Mods up real nice.

#28 9 years ago

Pretzel time is a fun mode to get to. Still my favorite game that I bought NIB in 2004.

#29 9 years ago

I built a virtual pinball machine just to play TSPP, mostly because simpsons is so expensive and hard to come by here. The added benefit of playing dozens of other great games helped finalize the choice.

Eventually I plan to buy a real one, but that's not in the cards for a year or two. Hopefully stern makes a vault edition by then.

#30 9 years ago

I built a virtual pinball machine just to play TSPP, mostly because Simpsons is so expensive and hard to come by here. The added benefit of playing dozens of other great games helped finalize the choice.
Eventually I plan to buy a real one, but that's not in the cards for a year or two. Hopefully stern makes a vault edition by then.

It's tough playing virtual pins, it's also what I used in order to get my fix until I got mine. Next time you are in Brantford stop in and play the real deal.

#31 9 years ago

Pretty much everything you want in a pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Decals
Gotfrogs
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 12.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-not-just-deepreally-fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.