(Topic ID: 241369)

TSPP needs stronger coil for upkicker to the couch playfield

By playernumber4

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi guys. I just got a nice TSPP but the upkicker coil to the couch playfield does not have enough power to consistantly get the ball up to it. Is there a stronger coil I can replace the standard one with? I already have the coils adjusted to maximum in the menu but it still cannot make the shot the majority of the time. Thanks for any advice.

#2 4 years ago

It's common for the ball to not make it up there on the first kick. First thing I'd do before replacing the coil is make sure everything is aligned properly. It's likely the ball is hitting the side of the hole, preventing it from making it up cleanly. Make sure your upper playfield is on properly too.

2 weeks later
    #4 4 years ago

No wear on the sleeve. Another buddy told me its probably the allignment issue too. I will work on it during the spring monsoons here in Michigan since its too cold and wet to do anything else!
    Thanks much.

3 weeks later
    #5 4 years ago

No allignment problems. I bent the fork on the switch and it improved. So that tells me its the switch, and now I recall having the same issue with a forked switch on my LOTR years ago. Switch ordered. Part #180-5116-01 if I ordered the correct part. I will post the results.

1 week later
    #6 4 years ago

It works perfect with the new switch. Maybe everyone should keep one handy since there are two of them. Maybe the get beat up pretty hard in that application with the VUK.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-needs-stronger-coil-for-upkicker-to-the-couch-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.