Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tspp4.jpg
421568_3987837064009_1512487323_n.jpeg
Bartman.jpg
530480_3159116055924_587656190_n.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Howdy,

Just picked up a very nice HUO TSPP and I started looking for mods. Seems like the only one I can find for sale is the alien invasion. I know the Duff Beer mod is no longer being made, unless someone has one they want to sell? I am trying to see if Moe's Tavern sign is still being sold as well. Anybody have either of these for sale? Others? Good site that lists some?

#2 11 years ago

Congrats on the TSPP!!!! Very deep, but very fun as well.

#3 11 years ago

Excellent score! You're going to love this pin!

#4 11 years ago

Played a few times tonight and already love the game. Would love to find some cool mods. I am also a big fan of insert LEDs, so will be placing my order to cointakers soon.

e

#5 11 years ago

Congrats on your new pin I enjoyed this one for years.

#6 11 years ago

I bought a sticker for mine that says Kwik E Mart to go over top of the one above the garage. Also I got the full LED kit from Cointaker.com which is awesome!!

#7 11 years ago

I bought the Duff beer mod and the topper at PPE last month. Duff cost me 60 bucks and the topper was $120.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

I am trying to see if Moe's Tavern sign is still being sold as well.

It's been out of production for over a year now.

Seller can't find the right material--might email him via the link below to see if he has a waiting list:

http://pinballhead.com/illuminated-moes-tavern-sign-mod-for-tspp/

If your garage door won't open fully, install a stronger Stern 24-940 coil (per the service bulletin).

Some other things to do:

Cliffy on the shooter lane (mylar underneath; extend it past the groove to the right and protect the 2nd screened area).

Pinbits: Itchy & Scratchy protector & sling protectors.

Great game; enjoy.

#9 11 years ago

Custom side rails and backbox hinge kit:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2519

Kang and Kodos mod

530480_3159116055924_587656190_n.jpg530480_3159116055924_587656190_n.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Then there's all the World Of Simpsons figures you can find on Ebay.

Bartman is a nice swap as he appears in a DMD animation.

Bartman.jpgBartman.jpg

#11 11 years ago

Plus one on what NM said. These are the same line of figures that Stern used to put on the pin. You should find a wide range of characters at a good price on eBay.

#12 11 years ago

Where can I get these cliffy things please? I looked around and there doesn't seem to be one coherent listing of what's available for TSPP. I even looked on his website. Thanks!

#13 11 years ago

Here you go
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_19&zenid=tc0u3g8k9qvh60ap2747msvm91

Quoted from pflueeb:

Where can I get these cliffy things please? I looked around and there doesn't seem to be one coherent listing of what's available for TSPP. I even looked on his website. Thanks!

#14 11 years ago

And remember you can always get a Cliffy from Cliffy:

http://passionforpinball.com/ballejects.htm

#15 11 years ago

haha.... nice Eddie! I also installed the Kwik-e-Mart decal from BackAlleyCreations. Much better than the factory decal.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Not in the case of I&S protectors....Pinbits only. Cliffy doesn't sell them direct.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

NM said:

Not in the case of I&S protectors....Pinbits only. Cliffy doesn't sell them direct.

Agreed; my advice above and below was literal Robert, not generic.

Quoted from NM:

Pinbits: Itchy & Scratchy protector & sling protectors.

In any case, evidently a testament to Cliff's success (to have something he invented become a generic substitute for the word protector in Pin vernacular)--good show old man!

#19 11 years ago

No offense, but why can't someone be crystal clear?

Here is what I make.

Here is what it fits.

Here is what you should order if you own a TSPP.

Just please make it easy!!!!!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

No offense, but why can't someone be crystal clear?
Here is what I make.
Here is what it fits.
Here is what you should order if you own a TSPP.
Just please make it easy!!!!!

No offense but grow up...why should WE make it easy FOR you....especially with that whiny attitude. If you spent 5 minutes of searching 'Cliffy' on Pinside, RGP or any other pinball forum, you'd know exactly what one was and what you needed to order.

#22 11 years ago

Seems like we have gone off on a tangent here. My post and request was for TSPP mods. I found the Bartman on ebay pretty easily, but I am not finding any of the other ones available anywhere. I think it's pretty crazy that there are tons of mods for other games with "lesser" qty made with more mods available than this one. Seems like all the TSPP owners would line up for any worthwhile mod.

#23 11 years ago

I'd hook you up if I could... But got'damn, didn't realize I could sell my mod for $60, lol

#24 11 years ago

There isn't much other then what you found, or get creative.. I have requested from cliffy ramp protectors and its in the queue as far as I know.

Any other "mods" are just stuff you hack in... Try searching the fourms.. This same post comes up every 2 months.. Same answers

#25 11 years ago

When I bought my LOTR it was loaded with mods. Then I bought my TSPP and assumed that it also would have a ton of mods available, even if they weren't installed. Since then, I have pretty much come to the conclusion there aren't a whole lot of them. At least in comparison to other games.

I think the game has so much going on in the play field that personally I don't really want them anyway.

I also dont think anyone mentioned the donut shooter rod. Here it is with some other stuff:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tspp-mods-homer-donut-shooter-bobble-head-toppers-duff-beer-girls-sign

#26 11 years ago

A lot of guys buy a figure of their favorite characters and stick them in the back right corner, near the Moe's shot, or in the lower left and right sides. It can get a bit cluttered, so I wouldn't recommend all three. I've seen Chief Wiggum, Moe, Duff Man, etc all over the games. I think I did a Google image search for tspp mods and got a lot of ideas from that. I don't see the Kwik-e-Mart Decals on the site, but you can email [email protected] for info on it. Here's a pic I ripped from his Facebook page.

421568_3987837064009_1512487323_n.jpeg421568_3987837064009_1512487323_n.jpeg

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Seems like we have gone off on a tangent here. My post and request was for TSPP mods. I found the Bartman on ebay pretty easily, but I am not finding any of the other ones available anywhere. I think it's pretty crazy that there are tons of mods for other games with "lesser" qty made with more mods available than this one. Seems like all the TSPP owners would line up for any worthwhile mod.

I gave you a link to one. Kang and Kodos can also be purchased off of eBay (it was some toy that came out a number of years ago).

I would consider nibbles' Duff Beer mod almost necessary, but dayum... if people are paying $60 for them I might have to sell mine! Nibbles, time to go back into production and jack up the price!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

No offense but grow up...why should WE make it easy FOR you....especially with that whiny attitude. If you spent 5 minutes of searching 'Cliffy' on Pinside, RGP or any other pinball forum, you'd know exactly what one was and what you needed to order.

Sorry if I offended you somehow. I don't think my request was whiny at all. It was a logical request stated with no attitude whatsoever.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I gave you a link to one. Kang and Kodos can also be purchased off of eBay (it was some toy that came out a number of years ago).
I would consider nibbles' Duff Beer mod almost necessary, but dayum... if people are paying $60 for them I might have to sell mine! Nibbles, time to go back into production and jack up the price!

Thanks for the link and the ebay hint. I wasn't putting in the right search on there initially, but I can find it putting Kang and Kodos as the search. That one is my must have list, so thanks!! I will pay extra for the duff beer mod, but not 60 bones extra. Moe's sign is really high on my list too. I am on the fence for the hinges and flipper covers, but thinking they would be cool too.

Thanks everyone so far!! I am definitely putting my list together and placing some orders.

#30 11 years ago

The side rails are nice if you have button wear like mine does. I ordered a set and then sold the hinges because I think they are overkill. So really they only cost me like 60 bucks to hide that unsightly wear.

#31 11 years ago

I have some wear, so I installed the side rails. They look great in person. Wish there were a solution for wear around the start button. Any idea how to clean that area without fading the decal even further?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

have requested from cliffy ramp protectors and its in the queue as far as I know.

yes yes yes still in the job jar Spud Getting seriously caught up though and I may be dropping a few in the product line soooo.... more room for something new

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Thanks for the link and the ebay hint. I wasn't putting in the right search on there initially, but I can find it putting Kang and Kodos as the search. That one is my must have list, so thanks!! I will pay extra for the duff beer mod, but not 60 bones extra. Moe's sign is really high on my list too. I am on the fence for the hinges and flipper covers, but thinking they would be cool too.
Thanks everyone so far!! I am definitely putting my list together and placing some orders.

I paid 60 bucks total for the Duff Mod, not $60 extra. How much did they originally go for? It looks so cool that I didn't mind paying a little extra.

#34 11 years ago

I think they went for $25 originally, but I would have to dig up the thread to be sure.

#36 11 years ago

Has anyone on here done an LED kit to their game? I was looking at getting a Cointaker kit for it, but not sure if I want to she'll out 200 bones for it. If you have, pics and opinions would be great. Thanks.

#37 11 years ago

I got the "SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY SUPER INSERTS AND CONTROLLED LAMP KIT" from cointaker and am really pleased with it. Make a world of difference and half the price of the total kit. Not sure the GI & flashers kit is worth the extra money however.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke13:

I got the "SIMPSONS PINBALL PARTY SUPER INSERTS AND CONTROLLED LAMP KIT" from cointaker and am really pleased with it. Make a world of difference and half the price of the total kit. Not sure the GI & flashers kit is worth the extra money however.

Did your kit have the long LED bulbs in the kit to install under the inserts?

I think the superbrights emit a fair amount of heat @ the totem pole looking supers directly touching your inserts might be bad?

#39 11 years ago

I got the coin taker kit for my TSPP. I'd recommend frosted bulbs for the GI vs. the super bulbs they include. They shine a lot!

Work with Melissa at CT. She's awesome.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

I got the coin taker kit for my TSPP. I'd recommend frosted bulbs for the GI vs. the super bulbs they include. They shine a lot!
Work with Melissa at CT. She's awesome.

+1 on the frosted's in the GI

#41 11 years ago

I got the Cointaker Flasher kit and the insert kit. Non-ghosting super brights. Looks really nice! I don't care for LEDs used for GI.

tspp4.jpgtspp4.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 218.00
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.