Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211113_095905 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi Simpsons fans!

I present you here my Pinsound Mix for the Simpsons Pinball Party TSPP Stern. More than a year of work for a pinball machine that deserved it!!!

My mix is now finished, and I propose it for download on the site of pinsound community here:
https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/350-the_simpsons_ost_eng-by-baptiste/

I also propose a start sequence for the card :
https://www.pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/351-bootwav-english-by-baptiste/

I really want to emphasize that i created it as a fan of the Simpsons. I wanted that as you played, you would reconnect with the corresponding episodes, and each end game to feel like an episode is finished.

There are many many voices, and a lot of alternating in the sequences. The mix is complete, all music and voices are changed, and 90% of the sounds.
Shaker programming is included.

I really want to thank : Christophe Magniez, in France, for his role as a tester for many months for the French version, and also Only Pinball who ensured the test and the help to finalize the mix of English voices. A big thank you to you two!

I would like to point out that the volume adjustements were made with a Pinsound speaker kit.

One the file has been downloaded, put it as is in .zip at the root of the key, and the Pinsound Card takes care of installing the mix on its own !

I strongly advise to update the firmware of the card as well (go to the help page of the Pinsound site, and choose your card version).

I wish you a lot of fun playing with it !!!
Good flip everyone !!

Here is a presentation video (which is far from showing everything...) : In English voices :

In French Voices:

#2 3 years ago

Wow, that's amazing. Great work! I just got a Simpson's about a week ago. Installed a color dmd last night, looks like my next purchase needs to be pinsound

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for all your hard work on this Baptiste! It was an honor to help with the testing of the mix. You guys are going to love this!

#4 3 years ago

Okay so update card firmware, download and install zip file

What’s the other link for start sequence?

Can’t thank you enough for the contribution to this great game. It’s greatly appreciated by all and I can’t wait to see how the shaker will work.

#5 3 years ago

I got it working and it’s absolutely remarkable. I can’t get over how the actual sound quality sounds so much better. Don’t get me started on the call outs. Wow man... just wow!!

#6 3 years ago

Wow that's something else, well done! I'll be honest - one of the reasons I would have never owned this game is because of the awful music. The Elfman theme was, well... wrong. And you fixed that. The opening loop is perfect, too, just fades back to the top of the song perfectly.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Okay so update card firmware, download and install zip file
What’s the other link for start sequence?
Can’t thank you enough for the contribution to this great game. It’s greatly appreciated by all and I can’t wait to see how the shaker will work.

Hi Pinpickle !

That’s it, you’re right! Update the firmware, then install the mix, it’s the best you have to do.

My Boot.wav is placed at the root of the audio directory, and it is used to change the boot sequence of the Pinsound card (it is not used in the game). This allows you to change the default start music (when you turn on the pinball machine), to a start on the pinball machine theme.

Thank you for your appreciation!! I’m really glad you like the mix!!

Compared to your other message, yes I had fun making a coin-door opening sound pretty funny.
I take this opportunity to say that in the same idea: apart from a game, the pinball buttons give a voice of attrack mode every 3-4 minutes. The 2/3 of the time, it is a voice that is borrowed from the game, but from time to time (rarely), there are specific voices that are not in the game, and there too I put nice things, quite funny.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Wow that's something else, well done! I'll be honest - one of the reasons I would have never owned this game is because of the awful music. The Elfman theme was, well... wrong. And you fixed that. The opening loop is perfect, too, just fades back to the top of the song perfectly.

Hi alexmogil,

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations!! That’s very nice!!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Wow, that's amazing. Great work! I just got a Simpson's about a week ago. Installed a color dmd last night, looks like my next purchase needs to be pinsound

Hi Dr Gonzo,

The Pinsound card will become unavoidable on this pinball machine (whether for any mix), so the original sound was its weak point.

Do all the missions, and access to the Alien Invasion: it’s really a game mode that I love! And the atmosphere with what I propose as sound really looks good.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Baptiste:

Hi Pinpickle !
That’s it, you’re right! Update the firmware, then install the mix, it’s the best you have to do.
My Boot.wav is placed at the root of the audio directory, and it is used to change the boot sequence of the Pinsound card (it is not used in the game). This allows you to change the default start music (when you turn on the pinball machine), to a start on the pinball machine theme.
Thank you for your appreciation!! I’m really glad you like the mix!!
Compared to your other message, yes I had fun making a coin-door opening sound pretty funny.
I take this opportunity to say that in the same idea: apart from a game, the pinball buttons give a voice of attrack mode every 3-4 minutes. The 2/3 of the time, it is a voice that is borrowed from the game, but from time to time (rarely), there are specific voices that are not in the game, and there too I put nice things, quite funny.

I have noticed the buttons too. Awesome. I absolutely love it. I was disappointed with the previous sons file and how it sounded. So good.

#11 3 years ago

Any deals on the pinsound board? I sometimes see them shipping from the US but I assume people are ordering directly from France?

#12 3 years ago

Baptiste, your work is magnificent! All the people who play at home are in awe of the job done. What is remarkable is that each game played is different: you never get bored. We discover something new every time and my god it's funny! My stomach hurts so much I laugh. It's okay, I'm going back anyway! Thanks for all !
Christophe Magniez

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from FUNFLIP:

Baptiste, your work is magnificent! All the people who play at home are in awe of the job done. What is remarkable is that each game played is different: you never get bored. We discover something new every time and my god it's funny! My stomach hurts so much I laugh. It's okay, I'm going back anyway! Thanks for all !
Christophe Magniez

Thank you Christophe for this nice testimonial!!! For the feedback of all the people who have tried it at your home, and your investment and your ideas to the evolution of the mix!! You deserve to enjoy it now.

#14 3 years ago

Baptiste, thank you so much for all the work you put in on this. A lot of people say a color dmd is a must have for TSPP, but IMHO his sound package makes a Pinsound the must have upgrade for the Simpsons.

I haven’t blurt laughed this much while playing pinball in years! I also love the random songs at the end of the games.

#15 3 years ago

I may have to take the plunge and order a pinsound board. This mix sounds amazing!
What a great way to refresh an older game.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I may have to take the plunge and order a pinsound board. This mix sounds amazing!
What a great way to refresh an older game.

You won't regret it! It absolutely is like playing a new game.

#17 3 years ago

Have you done any other games?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Karma_Bum:

Baptiste, thank you so much for all the work you put in on this. A lot of people say a color dmd is a must have for TSPP, but IMHO his sound package makes a Pinsound the must have upgrade for the Simpsons.
I haven’t blurt laughed this much while playing pinball in years! I also love the random songs at the end of the games.

Hi Karma_Bum !

Thank you for your return!! I am very happy that you like my mix, and that you laugh with it!! Because that’s what I wanted too, to make it fun, in its atmosphere.

The end musics is a tribute to the songs of the episodes of the time of the pinball, the famous pub of the car Canyonero, Homer as a radio producer, the Simpson singing Christmas, their time in New York by going to see a musical (except homer who spends his time recovering his car ), the presence of Barry White, etc...
I have already written it, but my wish was to give known references of the episodes of the time, and I think I can say that my mix could speak more to the fans of the Simpsons not knowing the flip, than to the fans of the flip not knowing well the Simpsons.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Have you done any other games?

Hi PinPickle,

I’m glad your pinball machine is working again.

Yes, the Batman Data East. This game was a great memory of childhood in bars, and I love the Tim Burton movie, so...

I had done the same work, for France, and the international.
I made two videos too.

English version (there were still some minor bugs in the mix, but fixed afterwards)
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x571g4i

French version

1 week later
#20 3 years ago

I want to add my congratulations to Baptiste for his fine work. The sound mix is fantastic! Such a great mix of callouts and songs put together seamlessly. I am really enjoying it, and of course the sound is top notch with the Pinsound board. The mix really breathes new life into the game. Thank you!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I want to add my congratulations to Baptiste for his fine work. The sound mix is fantastic! Such a great mix of callouts and songs put together seamlessly. I am really enjoying it, and of course the sound is top notch with the Pinsound board. The mix really breathes new life into the game. Thank you!

Hi Spelunk71,

Your appreciation makes me very happy!! I am happy that you like the mix and that you have fun with it!! I agree that it gives the feeling of a new game. Thank you for your feedback !

8 months later
#22 2 years ago

I wanted to bump this thread b/c until this week, I didn't even know this pinsound mix exist for the game. I've never owned TSPP and it's b/c the soundtrack/music/certain call outs always bothered me. With this mix, I was absolutely floored on how much better it sounded so I pulled the trigger and bought one. I love the simpsons (old school episodes) and this really brings it all together. I know the code is also deep and the upper was always fun to me - just couldn't get past that terrible sound!

As a guy whos done many code enhancements for games, I know how much time this takes. I wanted to thank you for your efforts and significant contributions to the hobby. Cheers.

#23 2 years ago

I’ll also throw a shout out to @baptiste. I consider a pinsound board with his mix as essential as a colordmd to make TSPP shine like it should. I’m still hearing random quotes I’ve never heard while playing! The only downside is people who aren’t me don’t always know where to shoot when you hear something like a random Krusty line instead of a “Shoot the right loop!”

But they didn’t pay for the game so sucks for them! I just let them know what to go for.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I’ll also throw a shout out to Baptiste. I consider a pinsound board with his mix as essential as a colordmd to make TSPP shine like it should. I’m still hearing random quotes I’ve never heard while playing! The only downside is people who aren’t me don’t always know where to shoot when you hear something like a random Krusty line instead of a “Shoot the right loop!”
But they didn’t pay for the game so sucks for them! I just let them know what to go for.

Interesting. I don't know the game very well so that could be a challenge for me too. Is that common throughout the game now where the quotes on what to shoot are removed? Maybe I can just put those back into the code once I get it.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting. I don't know the game very well so that could be a challenge for me too. Is that common throughout the game now where the quotes on what to shoot are removed? Maybe I can just put those back into the code once I get it.

Yeah, it's common. It'll usually be a quote associated with the character or Springfield location of the shots. Like Moe talks or someone mentions drinking for the right ramp, Cletus talks for the left loop, CBG hurry ups are usually CBG or Milhouse talking. It just takes a little time to get used to, or I'll just quick peak at the DMD or scan the playfield to see what's lit. Just takes a little while to get used to. I think Scandell's mix has more of the original quotes and sounds about what to shoot for. I was gonna test both mixes to see which one suits me more, but just got so lazy...

#26 2 years ago

Looking forward to trying out the new sound package. Great work Baptiste .

Can I use one of these Pinsound boards in my TSPP? I just removed them from the original boxes for the photo. They are new, never installed. I bought them several years ago to install in some WPC games and never got around to it.

Or do I need to purchase the newer Pinsound board to run this sound package?

20211113_095905 (resized).jpg20211113_095905 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 218.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-mix-pinsound-by-baptiste?hl=balkeboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.