You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo_1-1.jpg
Photo_1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Good morning.

Recently bought an entire LED kit from Cointaker. Overall I'm happy with the kit, although I need to contact them to replace at least a dozen of the larger bulbs that don't work...

But I was wondering whether others have experienced this? As you can see in the pic, the LED under Ned really was shining right in my eye through the gap between the plastic and rail. I had to put a piece of electrical tape there! Any other good ideas besides that? Thanks a lot in advance.

Photo_1.jpgPhoto_1.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Is that a frosted or a retro? Looks like it's either a super or a retro. Use a frosted bulb there instead. IMO they're much less harsh on the eyes.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks Frax! That's a great idea. My problem is/was really trying to get all of the bulbs in the "right" place from cointaker. Please note, I'm not expressing anything negative about them whatsoever. To the complete opposite - they've been really helpful but it's challenging asking them "where does this go" over the phone LOL.

My point is that (please note I'm new to pinball) it's difficult to understand from their paperwork what a 'frosted' bulb is, or a 'cool' etc.

I'm sure I'll get it! I'm somewhat smart.

For example, I stuck these two lights here in the coin door. I think that's where they belong!

Photo_1-1.jpgPhoto_1-1.jpg

#4 11 years ago

That's a big gap. Can you adjust the ball guide and move the plastic to close it up some?

#5 11 years ago

"Warm" and "cool" describes the temperature range of the color coming from a white bulb. "Cool" is more towards the shorter wavelengths, ie: more bluish. "Warm" is longer wavelength, more yellowish.

Most of their bulbs will have either NO plastic lens (supers, flex), a thin plastic "shell" (Retros), or a full on thick lens (90 degree, 120 degree, premiums). The frosted ones have a rounded dome that is translucent...you won't be able to see the LED element inside the shell.

To be honest, I've never bought a full kit from them. When I did my STTNG, I hand picked every LED that went in it, using someone else's list as a rough guide...so I had it written down each location and what lamp I ordered for it.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks again guys. My only point/suggestion would be for them to please generate a diagram or otherwise label the bulbs so folks can understand. They did do a great job putting them in certain ziplock bags, etc., but once you open them.....you know what happens!

I'll contact them next week. Again, great products.. Just need a little hand-holding! Also, I have several LED bulbs left (two green ones for example) and I have no idea where they go!

Gives me stuff to do I reckon.

#7 11 years ago

The bulb in the pic is a button led and is meant to go inside the start button. It can also go in the coin spot like you have it, but so can practically any other bulb.

I second putting a frosted in those spots where you can see the bulbs. Here is the link.
http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=9A348F33550E942ACE43A680DA52C0EF.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=6

#8 11 years ago

That's always been my only complaint about CT....they write on these plastic baggies instead of properly labeling them, but the second you work with the bag and touch the ink, it's GONE, and all over your fingers, on your playfield, etc. Put a stupid paper label on there if it's a bunch of bulbs!

#9 11 years ago

Put regular bulbs back in. Problem solved lol

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Put regular bulbs back in. Problem solved lol

Not for like $160 or whatever I paid~!!! Although unfortunately I did need to put a few of the original bulbs back, as the ones they suggested didn't fit.

#11 11 years ago

pflueeb, the larger flasher bulbs only work one way in their socket and you have to adjust their filament wires to make sure they are making contact.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

Not for like $160 or whatever I paid~!!! Although unfortunately I did need to put a few of the original bulbs back, as the ones they suggested didn't fit.

Yikes....that's $160 that coulda been put toward your next game TSPP is one of the last games that needs full LEDs ...the other day someone asked me if my TSPP had LEDs because it was so bright. Nope, just clean, all bulbs working - LEDs in the spotlights, that's it.

...but yeah, back on point...if it's blowing your eyeballs up, put a frosted or retro (dome style) LED there.

#13 11 years ago

If the bulbs are 44's (screw in type), and they don't fit, you probably need to sand down the bottom of the bulb so it'll fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-led-in-my-eye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.