2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rensh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I’m a noob for sure…just getting into pinball. We’ll just start there.

Recently acquired a great TSPP. I updated the lights to lcd and added the OCD board. No issues. I installed new speakers - no issues. I tried to put I a pinsound+ board (which seems to power on), but now the display, speakers and half the lights no longer seem to work.

I checked the fuses with a multimeter (had to read how to do that and may have done it it wrong), but they all seem to work. Could it be something with the processor I pulled out (and then reinstalled) to install the new soundboard?

I have since uninstalled the pinsound in an attempt to get back to working but to not avail. Thoughts? Thank you in advance.

#2 2 years ago

Can you start a game? I assume not.

When you reinstalled the processor, you made sure the processor is not 180 degrees rotated? It has a notch at one end and this should be on the same side as the other ICs on the board? I think it’s downwards.

#3 2 years ago

Thank you. I tried both ways with the same result (per the manual the tab does point down - thank you). I’ve ordered a new mpu to test (and since I’ve now bent the little holders) and then will call the professionals. I’m learning little by little.

#4 2 years ago

Please don’t try it both ways, this likely has destroyed the IC.

The question is, the first time you tried it was it correct or reversed?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.