15401033_1330921306948970_8957541862999995943_n (resized).jpg
15391083_1330921283615639_910144328051942258_n (resized).jpg
image-473.jpg
image-784.jpg
image.jpg
TAF-flipperTops-btm.jpg
tron pin flipper tops mod 4.jpg
simpsons-pin-flipper-tops.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

This has to be the most challenging, fun, and frustrating game of all time. Really, y'all, how many of you have made it to the final wizard mode? Anyone? (no not I) So close... so close....

I have been surprised that this machine falls in the overall ratings, but then again MB is so high...

My last game of this I was the closest I have been, beat scratchy's revenge, beat AI, completed the hurry ups, did pretzel (not needed, but still rare), complete daredevil, but needed one more super jackpot, and although I did mystery spot and didn't win, had only one more 2x to light for it, and had two locks on the couch for the reg multi ready... I was so close.

If I could have started both and stacked them, I would have had a very good chance to get the last two things. 367M, which is now my GC.

There is no doubt an argument to be made that this is the best machine ever made.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Springfield Mystery Spot, that was a fun mode! I had this pin twice, but honestly once you really start to master it, it loses it appeal, at least, it did for me.

So you got to the SDMEWM?

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have other complaints about this game, but it's a praise thread, so I'll keep those to a minimum.

What are they? I don't think there is anything wrong with objectively noting what you do not like. I would like to know though, as I can't think of much wrong with TSPP that I can think of, other than I would have liked the otto shot to kick out much faster.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from collin_m:

Best I have done is 503million that's 3 ball game extra balls on outlanes closed with Mystery giving relight TV if TV is not lit.

Outlanes closed? As in you have what, a rubber completely blocking balls from entering the outlanes?

#34 10 years ago

I love the stacking in the game. It allows for great points, and to rush you through a bit. It all fairness, the modes in TSPP don't have all shots lit, only monorail, but you have to return to the couch to reset. In fact, in trying to think about this, each mode other than mono has only one shot lit at any one time... Wiggum starts with three, and goes to one, but really, you're going to the otto first, but that means for the most part even if you stacked three modes, only three shots for the most part at any given time are lit.

Not to mention that TSPP is also one of the most difficult machines to restart a mode on: right orbit, hit garage, enter garage or treehouse, upper left to behind TV, but you usually want to bat around the unlock a lock first before starting. Although I have started I believe three to four modes at once before, it's not easy, and all the stuff to even get there usually times out the first, and I can't imagine you doing to well on the second with the time left. When I do stack modes, it usually happens with homer's mode, as it's a natural transition back to starting another one, provided you work in the right orbit at some point.

I like stacking for any machines, and maybe that's just a personal preference, but in games where it isn't, I usually feel it should be there. But I take each game as they are presented for the most part. TOM is a "you are doing this now" with no stacking whatsoever, LOTR allows stacking with MB's for modes, but modes can't be stacked. TZ and TAF allow everything to be stacked. I enjoy what is presented.

In all fairness, you never really do as well at each mode if you have too many stacked anyway, it's more for getting through the modes, rather than giving you a better opportunity to do well at each. In TAF, I try to avoid, and don't like when I stack tunnel hunt with séance, as if you light the mode start again by hitting the ramp while doing the tunnel hunt, then you are going to start séance when hitting the chair, and then you are racing to get the last 15m shot of each mode, which are big important point shots for this machine, and the time for each allows for only a small amount of error. Nice touch mind you, as you have to really consider your shots.

As for the female voices, meh. I guess it would be nice, but all of the call outs now are so well done, I wouldn't want to lose any of them. I think this is so small of an issue as well, not under minding your issue of though, because most people that haven't been actually *told* about this, don't even realize that a female voice is not in the game - I didn't. You're like, "oh yeah...." when you first read about this, which means it's not really all that missed.

If I had my say for what changes I would like for TSPP, I really can't think of anything other than speeding up the return of the otto shot, or just making that loop instead of stop. I really think the game is near perfect. The height of Stern was seen when TSPP and LOTR came out, Keefer did us all a huge favor with the rules for each.

#37 10 years ago

I didn't realize the timer restarted if you started another. Either way, if you are stacking modes, you are doing it on purpose, and not accidentally like in other games. It's a lot of work to do, so you are there again because you wanted to be.

#49 10 years ago

I rebuild all flippers on every machine I get, this one got all 5 at that time as well. The upper ones are still under the main PF, making it much easier to work on.

The treehouse shot I find is easier if I bend forward and try to watch is happening directly above. I have never done this with another machine, but this seems to work for sizing up the angle. I also find I can hit it easier when it comes around the left orbit as opposed to popping out of the otto saucer, I'm guessing because the orbit keeps it snug to the right side.

I always found the upper flipper shot stupidly hard on RBION when it would trickle back down, as it may not be against the orbit guide, or the spinner might change its speed. I hated that shot, made those upper PF shots overly difficult.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#61 10 years ago

I had another huge game last night on it, and I think I will actually change my position on the otto shot. Despite it being slow, I always forget about how handy that comes in during MB. Shooting a ball to the otto shot, holds it long enough to do something else, which is important when trying to get all the supers. I got all 5 last night, and each time it's a hold one or more balls on the left, open the garage with the right, at least one left ball shot into the otto, upper left flipper shot to the tv, then which ever trickles out first, concentrate on a couch shot.

I wish it would kick out fast in single ball play, stay the same in MB. As it is it actually comes out faster in MB play.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you can get it to kick out faster by pushing both flipper buttons at the same time. Same for when it goes behind the TV and when couch/I&S MB starts. Basically, doing this skips the animations and releases the ball. It's not instant, but is much quicker. I have heard people say they don't like the stop and go nature of TSPP, but wonder if they know this. BTW, it works on all Sterns.

It seems to be intermitent though, as I do this, and sometimes it spits out faster, other times it seems like it's doing nothing. Not a big issue by any means, like I noted, if there was one thing... But this machine has so much. I don't know, it's hard to decide which Stern is, in my opinion, the best ever. Super close between TSPP and LOTR.

Stop and go comments are dumb though. All games have some level of stop and go. I enjoy flow games like AFM and DM as much as heavy stop and go games such as TAF, TZ and TSPP. I enjoy pinball.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I am absolutely in love with this table. It keeps on giving and shows no signs of letting up. The Mystery spot has to be my favorite mode other than LITZ.

I love the mystery spot just for the reversed flippers, as it's such a cool and unique idea, but I do think AI is the best MB in pinball - genius. FOTR is the most exciting MB in pinball I think. I wish there was more hoopla when you complete stuff.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

I love it when a thread stays positive.

No kidding, great thread, I love seeing the love for this machine, which although is rated well, seems to be undermined in the mix of all.

I think not enough people really know the potential of this powerhouse.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

For those that have LED'd a TSPP what colour did you use for the white inserts? I like to use blue or purple normally when I led a pin, just wondered what owners have experienced with TSPP.

I went cools. I don't change up whites with other colours unless there is too much of it in a game, like with DM. blues work good in some of the inserts there.

4 months later
#167 9 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

and really enjoy the game, but there is so much going on its hard for me to get my head around, i was hoping if anyone out there has the time to break it down a little for me in simpler terms and explain there strategy behind what there doing an why

This is half the fun. If you know exactly everything and all the strategy, you’ve just taken away some of the adventure in the game. Take it all in, and learn what there is, figure it out. TSPP is the endless onion for that. Take in a couple points here and there, but don’t spoil the adventure of it for yourself.

Almost all never see the wizard, so don’t get frustrated that you are not getting close. I have been very close a couple times, but still, this is the only machine I have ever owned that I have not been to the final mode on.

One day, for sure - one day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.95
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-is-the-best?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.