Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1374 (resized).JPG
IMG_1376 (resized).JPG
IMG_1375 (resized).JPG
IMG_1373 (resized).JPG
DSC01312 (resized).JPG
15589722_1330921276948973_8320906717570887996_n (resized).jpg
15401033_1330921306948970_8957541862999995943_n (resized).jpg
15391083_1330921283615639_910144328051942258_n (resized).jpg
image-473.jpg
image-784.jpg
image.jpg
TAF-flipperTops-btm.jpg
tron pin flipper tops mod 4.jpg
simpsons-pin-flipper-tops.jpg

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago

TSPP and LOTR feel fine to me - not cheap. Some DE games from the 90s feel cheap to me but not Sterns.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Comes up automatically, saw it last night. It looks like a grid almost and it marks off all the requirements for the super duper extreme wizard mode, or whatever it's called I wouldn't know, I'll never get there. But last night I got pretzel multiball, mystery spot, AI, secret stash, itchy and scratchy revenge, and god know what else and I saw the screen 3 times...

It's so hard to read that screen while you are playing. I can vaguely see some things being crossed off but it sure is hard to see what is left in the few seconds you have while juggling the ball. The same info is also in the "instant info" when you hold the flipper down - but it goes by in about 1 second, faster than all the other info screens. Still can't really read what it wants me to do. Wish there was a way to get the instant info to stay on a screen, maybe I am missing how to do that.

I am going to really try to figure out the wizard / super wizard stuff now to see how far I can get. I was just playing to get 5 super jackpots now and I can at least tell that the lights under the Simpsons characters at the center of the playfield indicate how many you have. I at least want to see this first wizard mode. It gets pretty frustrating playing to try to complete the wizard stuff, takes probably over an hour to get to it, and they you fall a mode or shot short or whatever, argh!

#153 5 years ago

No need to see what's on the screen

Just do everything & you're set

#154 5 years ago

Don't forget to hit the skateboard to keep the mode going, if you're running out of time

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

» YouTube video
Don't forget to hit the skateboard if you're running out of time

i like the color-changing LED's in the nuke towers. very cool.
is that just a special bulb replacement or something more complex?

thx,
bb

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

i like the color-changing LED's in the nuke towers. very cool.
is that just a special bulb replacement or something more complex?
thx,
bb

That isn't mine in the video, but i also have color changing LED's. It's just an LED, nothing complex.

#157 5 years ago

TSPP and LOTR feel rock solid to me too.

Quoted from chill:

TSPP and LOTR feel fine to me - not cheap.

4 months later
#158 4 years ago

Hey all just want to bump this thread, its a great read, im a new owner, and really enjoy the game, but there is so much going on its hard for me to get my head around, i was hoping if anyone out there has the time to break it down a little for me in simpler terms and explain there strategy behind what there doing an why ?? example with the springfield elementary (otto 2x scoring eg.) are they otto modes, and your meant to hit that shot a certain amount of times to finish, to get closer to the mystery spot where the flippers change?? after going through this thread I figured out ( i think?) that finishing all 10 of the comic book guys hurry up modes gets you to his secret stash, i read the rule sheet a few times and sure the more i read it and play it the more it will come to me, Im sorry if its a dumb post, but like i said if any one has the time to break it down a little so its a little easier to understand i would really appreciate it... thanx in advance...

#159 4 years ago

Here's the rules as written up by Bowen Kerins, really helps to understand things. Warning, it's a long rule sheet.

http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/4674/tspp-rulesheet.txt

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

i was hoping if anyone out there has the time to break it down a little for me in simpler terms and explain there strategy behind what there doing an why ??

#161 4 years ago

cheers guys. Thanx.

#162 4 years ago

I suggest making cheat sheats for the TV modes. I had post it notes up on the backglass for a while. Definately helped me.
Allen

#163 4 years ago

slowly starting to understand it a little more, its freaking me out just how much is going on at one time, I think I just have to chill out and relax an enjoy the game, and maybe just focus on doing one thing at a time and get used to that, till I get a better grasp of it , which might be a while..I sold my RoadShow to make room for TSPP so im really used to playing that, which is pretty straight forward you do your miles check in to the next city an move on till the next, by the looks of things this game has different modes in all different sections of the playfield, and they can run all at the same time, crazy stuff, just have to get used it and realize im playing a different game, by the looks of things you have to own this game to really learn what its all about (like most) you would have to be a superstar to figure it all out on location..

#164 4 years ago

http://pinball.wikia.com/wiki/The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party

You need to understand how to finish the 6 tasks to start SDMEWM. I focused on learning them one at a time and then figured out how to complete all of them in one game.

#165 4 years ago

I'm in the market for a HUO within a couple hours drive from Detroit/Metro area.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

http://pinball.wikia.com/wiki/The_Simpsons_Pinball_Party
You need to understand how to finish the 6 tasks to start SDMEWM. I focused on learning them one at a time and then figured out how to complete all of them in one game.

That sounds like good advise.. cheers..

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

and really enjoy the game, but there is so much going on its hard for me to get my head around, i was hoping if anyone out there has the time to break it down a little for me in simpler terms and explain there strategy behind what there doing an why

This is half the fun. If you know exactly everything and all the strategy, you’ve just taken away some of the adventure in the game. Take it all in, and learn what there is, figure it out. TSPP is the endless onion for that. Take in a couple points here and there, but don’t spoil the adventure of it for yourself.

Almost all never see the wizard, so don’t get frustrated that you are not getting close. I have been very close a couple times, but still, this is the only machine I have ever owned that I have not been to the final mode on.

One day, for sure - one day.

2 years later
#168 2 years ago

I just read this whole thread and it's awesome! So I am bumping it and announcing I have a TSPP again finally. I had one NIB back in 2003 and sold it in 2006. Thrilled to have found a very nice HUO one, this one will never leave my collection! I love it so much! Put a ColorDMD in it, added Cointaker LED's and a OCDLED board because of all the fading effects. Waiting on my powder coated armor from Pinball Refinery!

15391083_1330921283615639_910144328051942258_n (resized).jpg

15401033_1330921306948970_8957541862999995943_n (resized).jpg

15589722_1330921276948973_8320906717570887996_n (resized).jpg

#169 2 years ago

I just read the whole thread to it's great to see all the love for tspp . That looks like a nice find congrats !

#170 2 years ago

Finally finished AI after a about a dozen failed attempts! Only downside is it was on a buddy's machine and not mine :/

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Waiting on my powder coated armor from Pinball Refinery!

Cool! What color?

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Cool! What color?

Green over Yellow

#173 2 years ago

Awesome. Would love to see it when you get them back.

#174 2 years ago

I also have a like new TSPP, and I also went LED with OCDLED. While OCDLED adds back a lot of the fading effects, some of the effects aren't perfect. I probably have to mess with it some, but I can't leave incandescents in this one due to the small inserts and the long periods of time they are on. Anything is better than lifting inserts.

If you find this is an issue, and you are able to fix it, PM me.

Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I love it so much! Put a ColorDMD in it, added Cointaker LED's and a OCDLED board because of all the fading effects.

2 weeks later
#175 2 years ago

Yes The Best ! i been playing it for a few weeks now and it's freakin amazing i love everything about the game
Gameplay rules voices music ... With a Color Dmd it's a Perfect game

DSC01312 (resized).JPG

#176 2 years ago

I'm busy installing all the new powder coated armor, hopefully will be posting some pics soon.

#177 2 years ago

This machine was fun when it was the only game in town at Chucky Cheese when my daughter was little, but having one in the home was a completely different story. Maybe if I had all that screaming and yelling and all the other background noise that helped drown it out at the Chucksters, I might have kept it for more than a couple weeks. But it had to go. And in a hurry!

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This machine was fun when it was the only game in town at Chucky Cheese when my daughter was little, but having one in the home was a completely different story. Maybe if I had all that screaming and yelling and all the other background noise that helped drown it out at the Chucksters, I might have kept it for more than a couple weeks. But it had to go. And in a hurry!

so controversial

#179 2 years ago

When I owned it I made it to the final wizard mode twice.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

When I owned it I made it to the final wizard mode twice.

Doubtful.

People often think that the Springfield Mystery Spot (reverse flipper mode) is the Final Wizard mode.

They give themselves away by calling it "Final Wizard mode" rather than SDMEWM.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Doubtful.
People often think that the Springfield Mystery Spot (reverse flipper mode) is the Final Wizard mode.
They give themselves away by calling it "Final Wizard mode" rather than SDMEWM.

Doubt all you want I made it to SDMEWM twice.

#182 2 years ago

My opinion on TSPP: it's as good a game as most people say, but you have to approach it in the right way. Don't try and play it like a traditional by-instinct flow game, because that's manifestly not what it is and it'll kick your ass every time. Rules and gameplay are where TSPP shines; flow is less important here since there is so much to do that you'll always have something important to shoot for no matter where and when the ball ends up, and the one place that is necessary to keep advancing the game - the garage - is easy to get into. Instead, part of the challenge is in figuring out for yourself the best ways of keeping the ball safely under control that aren't immediately obvious, where the ball is going to get after your hit something, and how to capitalise on that; the Bart captive ball, for instance, is best hit from the right flipper as a backhand shot after you have set up as much as possible elsewhere.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Instead, part of the challenge is in figuring out for yourself the best ways of keeping the ball safely under control that aren't immediately obvious, where the ball is going to get after your hit something, and how to capitalise on that; the Bart captive ball, for instance, is best hit from the right flipper as a backhand shot after you have set up as much as possible elsewhere.

New owner here and these types of comments are the absolute best. I can read 20+ pages of rules but it doesn't necessarily help my game as much as a few comments like this. Keep 'em coming, and thank you!!

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

New owner here and these types of comments are the absolute best. I can read 20+ pages of rules but it doesn't necessarily help my game as much as a few comments like this. Keep 'em coming, and thank you!!

Depending on how your upper playfield right mini-flipper is built, on many TSPP, you can hold up your right flipper when the TV is going to eject your ball, and the flipper will trap it there for you -- giving you a completely controllable timing of the ball dropping to the flipper. It will drastically improve how often you successfully make the Couch ramp shot.

Upper playfield tip #2: when you're shooting at the couch ramp, hold up your left flipper. You'll notice that the resulting drain gap between the left mini-flipper and the rubber is much smaller than when the flipper is at rest. So if you miss the couch shot, you'll have a better chance at not letting the ball drain from the UPF, and improve your chances of feeding the TV scoop again for another shot at the Couch.

#185 2 years ago

Finally got all the nuclear green powder coated armor installed today

IMG_1373 (resized).JPG

IMG_1375 (resized).JPG

IMG_1376 (resized).JPG

IMG_1374 (resized).JPG

#186 2 years ago

Looks great just wish they made a frame to go around the back box.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Looks great just wish they made a frame to go around the back box.

would something like this work?

ebay.com link » 20 Ft 3 4 Light Green Smooth T Molding

#188 2 years ago

I've had mine close to 10 years and have probably played it a dozen times in the last 8 years. I find it boring and dont even know why I keep it. Probably because guests recognize the theme so they play it. Feels clunky to me and hitting the garage repeatedly gets old fast. Wouldn't miss it if it left tomorrow.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I've had mine close to 10 years and have probably played it a dozen times in the last 8 years. I find it boring and dont even know why I keep it. Probably because guests recognize the theme so they play it. Feels clunky to me and hitting the garage repeatedly gets old fast. Wouldn't miss it if it left tomorrow.

How much you want for it

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Cool story bro!

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I also have a like new TSPP, and I also went LED with OCDLED. While OCDLED adds back a lot of the fading effects, some of the effects aren't perfect. I probably have to mess with it some, but I can't leave incandescents in this one due to the small inserts and the long periods of time they are on. Anything is better than lifting inserts.
If you find this is an issue, and you are able to fix it, PM me.

Me too. Don't forget to add some spots. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-got-the-brightest-tspp#post-2238271

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Finally got all the nuclear green powder coated armor installed today

Definitely need to do something with the back box and speaker panel. The powder is OK, but it doesn't flow with the rest of the machine.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

How much you want for it

Ditto. Too bad I'm many states away.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

How much you want for it

Unfortunately it's staying because my wife still likes it. Didn't mean to piss all over the thread. I know I'm in the minority, but I couldn't care less about the game.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Unfortunately it's staying because my wife still likes it. Didn't mean to piss all over the thread. I know I'm in the minority, but I couldn't care less about the game.

I am pleased to see your use of "couldn't care less", most people incorrectly say "could care less", which in reality is the opposite of what they mean.

3 weeks later
#196 2 years ago

I've had TSSP for about 8 months now. The more I play it the more I love it! So deep, always have something to strive for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,000.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 20.00
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kirkland, WA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
5,300 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Drums, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Star, ID
Trade
Sale Pending!
Fontana, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside