Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ultimategameroom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F10D8471-3DE1-43B3-AD84-6D16257F7DBC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200124_105147 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200124_105303 (resized).jpg
C981FAE4-C4B9-476B-839F-840C4772903F (resized).jpeg
6E401503-AB67-495D-BDFB-DE531A76585F (resized).jpeg
405D6466-A75B-41B5-A2EB-003487969D46 (resized).jpeg
3637EA81-C687-43CA-88C1-87DD2B45D0FD (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.44.27 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.40.49 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.26.16 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.26.54 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.25.39 PM (resized).png

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 months ago

Represented as purchased from original owner - HUO. What would you rate this as?
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.25.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.26.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.26.54 PM (resized).png

#2 4 months ago

Condition is king regardless of whether it was HUO or routed. HUO does not necessarily mean great condition.

#3 4 months ago

Based on the pics would you say the condition is (1-10)?

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.40.49 PM (resized).png
#4 4 months ago

I would rate that as "has some wear around the flipper buttons". Have you checked the paid earnings audits yet? That would show you if anyone has paid for a game or not.

#5 4 months ago

Not yet, it's a bit of a drive for a look-see so trying to determine if it's worth it based on pics. Saw the groove and had second thoughts about checking it out.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 5.44.27 PM (resized).png
#6 4 months ago

It only takes one asshole to wear the area around the flipper buttons to the wood, even if that is the only person that played the game.

And just because it shows earnings does not mean it was ever out in public. Even in home use, some like to use all the features in their coin op machines.

#7 4 months ago

It doesn't look HUO to me at all. The flipper button wear is significant. There seems to be a lot of bulls*** claims of HUO lately.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

There seems to be a lot of bulls*** claims of HUO lately.

I've got a HUO dishwasher I never use, wanna buy it?

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got a HUO dishwasher I never use, wanna buy it?

Is it dimpled?

#10 4 months ago

A bit. I tend to bump into it late at night as I stagger thru the kitchen. But it has low plays, at least over the last 15 years, and it is fully documented HUO.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

A bit. I tend to bump into it late at night as I stagger thru the kitchen. But it has low plays, at least over the last 15 years, and it is fully documented HUO.

Is the warranty card still inside?

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Is the warranty card still inside?

It's so HUO, it's not even filled out yet.

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Not yet, it's a bit of a drive for a look-see so trying to determine if it's worth it based on pics. Saw the groove and had second thoughts about checking it out.[quoted image]

It might be worth it, it all depends on the price. It hasn’t been cleaned in a while which for me means maintenance was limited on it. It doesn’t “look” HOU but that doesn’t mean it didn’t spend its life in a rough home.

That being said it doesn’t look like a beat up machine either. It will probably clean up nice.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

lol

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's so HUO, it's not even filled out yet.

PM sent

#16 4 months ago

I rate that as way over 10,000 plays. HUO in a den of wolves with claws. As others have said, don’t buy that TSPP, just look for a nicer one. It’s one of the very first Stens that had a ton of HUO buyers. They are not hard to find in fantastic condition.

#17 4 months ago

It’s definitely not Home use only but still worth $4000 in my opinion

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

It’s definitely not Home use only but still worth $4000 in my opinion

If it's $4k I hope he's already driving there

#19 4 months ago

By the time you put side rails on it shopped it added LEDs it would be another $500 so you have a routed TSPP for $4500 which is about the going rate.

#20 4 months ago

No way. Just look at that play field. Yuck!

#21 4 months ago

I picked up a huo tspp a couple years ago. I know it was huo because I was the seller and unboxed it and set it up. Even though it was huo this game had almost 5k plays, never cleaned, and was rough. After plenty of buffing and polishing it looked good. With that said, the flippers had no wear around the buttons

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

With that said, the flippers had no wear around the buttons

Some people play with their hands on the lock bar and a finger on each flipper button. The other fingers dangle or rest gently on the side of the cabinet.

Others play like they are doing some dance routine while stroking the side of the cabinet all around the flipper button area like they are jacking it off.

I've seen both styles of play

#23 4 months ago

What does the coin entry area look like?
Also sometimes you can look at the plastic slide buttons on the back of the cabinet. If they are perfect it can give a idea about HUO. Sometimes it is just hard to tell.
HUO or not, you can’t hide “current condition”

#24 4 months ago

Have not seen it yet in person and at this point leaning towards skipping this one. The deep trough leading to itchy and scratchy is, well deep. I know a mint version can be had for 6 so even at 4 not sure this would be worth it.

#25 4 months ago

Depends on price

I picked up a routed TSPP back in Sept that was surprisingly in very nice shape

3600$ and I was floored in the PF
Yes it had minimal flipper button wear that easily was covered by the Nuclear Buttons

A little love goes along way
6E401503-AB67-495D-BDFB-DE531A76585F (resized).jpeg3637EA81-C687-43CA-88C1-87DD2B45D0FD (resized).jpeg405D6466-A75B-41B5-A2EB-003487969D46 (resized).jpegC981FAE4-C4B9-476B-839F-840C4772903F (resized).jpeg

#26 4 months ago

There is no way it’s huo. That much wear on itchy hole in particular means routed and played heavily. Unless the owner played 100 games a day for 10 years

#27 4 months ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Depends on price
I picked up a routed TSPP back in Sept that was surprisingly in very nice shape
3600$ and I was floored in the PF
Yes it had minimal flipper button wear that easily was covered by the Nuclear Buttons
A little love goes along way
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How was your itchy hole compared to the pic I posted? Pics look good, do you have any from the condition you found it in?

#28 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

There is no way it’s huo. That much wear on itchy hole in particular means routed and played heavily. Unless the owner played 100 games a day for 10 years

Yeah, the deep trough tells me the same. At this point, I'm wondering if there is any price where this would be a good deal. I was originally thinking to get a good quality (a bit above player) add Color DMD a LED kit and be done. The sticky bit is that I could do 6K and get something mint but I don't really want to spend that much when there are so many other pins in that price range that I'd rather have long term.

The one in this thread based on the few pic's looked to be in significantly better shape
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-line-on-a-simpsons-pinball-party

#29 4 months ago

My TSPP was HUO and I owned it for 9 years. I never put a Cliffy on it and my shooter lane looked like that. I did use the clear mylar protectors around the flipper button area, so my cabinet was not like this one. My I&S hold also did have some visible wear. It was my only pinball machine for 5 plus years and had over 10,000 plays on it when I traded it (big mistake, I miss it). Point is, it is very possible this is HUO, but that doesn't mean the owner put Cliffys or other protectors on it to keep it mint.

#30 4 months ago

Yeah my tspp is huo and I have visible wear in the shooter land and itchy and scratchy hole. Not quite as bad as that machine but it’s there. Also have some slight cab damage from moving it from my old house to my new one.
I did put the protectors around the buttons to help stop the wear on the cab.

Played mine last night. Such a great game.

#31 4 months ago

I bought my game new in 2003. Here's my shooter lane and I&S hole.

I have no doubt the game being questioned here is routed. What does the garage door look like,.inlane drops?

IMG_20200124_105147 (resized).jpgIMG_20200124_105303 (resized).jpg
#32 4 months ago

My bottom line advice is this. If you want a TSPP just hold out for one in better condition. You should be able to find One that’s pretty low wear and for less than 6k. Isn’t 6k really top dollar for this? Maybe I’m out of touch with price on this machine but I thought you can get a really nice one for 5k (whether huo or not doesn’t matter - I mean in very good cosmetic shape)

#33 4 months ago

It’s a 7 at best

I sold a real deal flawless example recently, unboxed it in 2005

I hate the Term HUO !

It’s misused more than any word on pinside !!!

HUO to me doesn’t mean Shit !

Condition condition condition!

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

It’s a 7 at best
I sold a real deal flawless example recently, unboxed it in 2005
I hate the Term HUO !
It’s misused more than any word on pinside !!!
HUO to me doesn’t mean Shit !
Condition condition condition!

HUO doesn't mean flawless. It can mean that, but that doesn't mean it isn't true or is being misused.

#35 4 months ago

LOL @ all the "condition is king" posts.

Well yeah. But irrelevant in this discussion.

There is no goddamn way that game is HUO. It's a HEAVILY routed game. You can't get that kind of wear in an HUO environment. Game is worth whatever routed unshopped TSPPs are going for these days. $4000?

Doesn't mean the seller is lying...at least five percent of all home sellers honestly believe their games are HUO regardless of where they came from. Can't tell you how many "My dad got us this game brand new for Christmas 25 years ago!" routed games I've gone to check out at people's homes. But good luck convincing them otherwise, I generally don't even try.

#36 4 months ago

That is very easily a HUO they started making that game 17 years ago 1000s of games can be put on a HUO pin in 17 years especially if it is the only game in the house. Lollypop side rails a ball trough cliffy some Novus game will look fine this pic is from a game with less than 1000 games

Quoted from xtravgiza:

Represented as purchased from original owner - HUO. What would you rate this as?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
#37 4 months ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There are a number of games for sale on Pinside it is hard to find a local game use the games for sale to get an idea of what people think the game is worth. As for wait for a better one it took me three years to find one local when I was looking

#38 4 months ago

HUO ... since pulled from its route.

#39 4 months ago

There are lots of better TSPP out there for sale. I recently got one locally for a little over $5000. The condition is like new. It was made in the next to last Stern production run. Not sure of the history though. I would look for something better.

#40 4 months ago

Like beauty, price is in the eye of the beholder. It's all about what you value, how DIY of a person you are, etc.

I see alot of people claiming they can find an awesome example for $5k, but anything in that range that I've seen still has some issues of some sort. Guess I suck at searching

Back to your questions:

1. Cosmetically, the #1 thing that happens with TSPP is cabinet wear around the flipper and start buttons. There's a reason you see so many of them with the lollypop rails. They are either preventing the wear or covering it up. Either way, once you can't see it... you can't see it

I will say, though, that it looks like there's been some Sharpie madness going on just above Moe. I'm gonna guess that's not the only spot where such shenanigans have happened.

The only real "fix" is getting the aftermarket cabinet decals. Those are about $250 shipped, I believe - plus they typically don't have the halftone/dot-matrix art for the background characters. Many consider this a plus, purists frown upon it.

2. Clearly there's some shooter wear, but nearly every TSPP I've seen has a Cliffy to address - and cover - that. But, more importantly, it's also clear that they sanded the groove pretty deeply, taking part of the painted portion with it. Tells me that's been rehabbed before.

That's likely hard (impossible?) to make it look right because of the "dots" in the paint.

3. Seemed like there might be confusion, so wanted to make sure you were aware that groove in the bottom of the I&S hole is factory. Guess it's there to help channel the ball into the VUK.

So, it all really comes down to the delta between a really nice example (around $6-$6.5k+), cost of parts to address what you can't live with, and shipping (if applicable).

There's also intangibles that can factor in.

I found a TSPP locally from a local guy I could trust. I likely overpaid a bit for it. But, being able to see and play it prior to deciding, not having to pay for (and worry about) shipping, and knowing that the seller is a standup guy who would make any surprises "right", I was OK with paying the premium.

Regardless, you ultimately have to make peace with whichever way you go. Best of luck with that journey!

#41 4 months ago

will clean up fine, easily make it look great for a little time and effort …...without much more out of pocket. go get it, killer game.

#42 4 months ago

How much are they asking for it?

#43 4 months ago
Quoted from Don44:

How much are they asking for it?5.5K, which I'm not a buyer at

#44 4 months ago

Run away at 5.5k!

#46 4 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Run away at 5.5k!

But would you stay at 4K?

#47 4 months ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Probably not. This game looks like it will take a ton of work and money to get looking good.

#48 4 months ago

THIS is what a super nice HUO TSPP looks like!

#49 4 months ago

Yep - this is exactly what I had in mind

#50 4 months ago
Quoted from xtravgiza:

Assuming what the rest looks like, I'd grab it at $4k without much hesitation. If you throw $150 and a few hours at it, it would come out pretty good.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Boards
PinSound
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside