Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TSPP061612.jpg

#1 7 years ago

What a great way to start the day!
Settings: Factory Normal, 3 ball.
(and yes...glass on!)
Plus: Had to let Alien Invasion time out on 4 ball--got two balls stuck in I&S and start didn't release.
TSPP061612.jpg

#2 7 years ago

That's damned impressive! I haven't even broken 100 million yet.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

That's damned impressive! I haven't even broken 100 million yet.

Same..

So how long did this game last?

#5 7 years ago

As Homer says, "Holy crap!"

#6 7 years ago

Sweet. My high is only 224. Normal and competition mode enabled.

#7 7 years ago

I just had my best game on TSPP 193mil, 30min game,

Welldone! ,... 453mil......

#8 7 years ago

Holy crap!! My record is 105 million. Nowhere near that impressive.

#9 7 years ago

Wow.......nice score, my best is 139 mil
Doug

#10 7 years ago

If your ROM is version 3 or higher, you don't need to time out AI because of this common I&S problem.

EDIT: OK, I see you said start didn't release. Leaving this info in case it helps someone else out.

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sppROMreadme.txt

- Added player-abort feature for Alien Invasion. If a ball becomes
hopelessly stuck (e.g. 2 balls sneak behind the I&S drop targets), then
the player may hold in the start button for one second. This will kick
out ALL currently locked balls with no effect on the stage or the
ballsaver. The player may then try again to lock all of the balls for
that stage. It is recommended to abort the current stage as soon as a
ball is trapped because no ballsaver will come on when kicking out the
balls.

#11 7 years ago

I think my best ever was 53m. It reset when I changed the ROMs.

#13 7 years ago

250 Mil+ is my best so far....Great game. Thanks for the info on the AI abort....I've had that problem happen several times and didn't know about the start button.

#14 7 years ago

I haven't even cracked the 100 million mark yet. Congrats on an epic score.

#15 7 years ago

Sick score, I've cracked 100million a bunch of times, but never over 200..

Any tips on what sort of strategy you concentrate on?

#16 7 years ago

Thanks for the congrats! This game WAS epic. I was sweating and everything!

As for how I got there...of course a lot of it was luck. Other than that, be sure to study Bowen's rulesheet http://pinball.org/rules/simpsonspinballparty.txt

And I know this score is pretty good, but pales compared to the masters who can get 1 Billion+.

The things I concentrate on are:
- Always go for the Hurry-Up Skill shot, if you miss and hit nothing, let the ball drain to take another crack at it.
- The biggest key is keeping the timer live--Otto is your best friend!
- Stack, stack, stack TV modes
- Never start a multiball without having at least two modes stacked (if you're set to shoot that third ball into the couch, but only have one mode going--let it drop back down)
- When multiball begins, make sure you hit the Krusty spinner first to relight TV mode...just in case you get back up to the top and can add another TV mode to the mix
- If you can (and for me it always seems to dumb luck), stack a TV-stacked multiball with I&S multiball, pretzel multiball, Secret Stash, and/or Springfield Mystery Spot. I think I had three TV modes, Scratchy's Revenge, and Springfield Mystery Spot going at once. I looked up and my score increased 100 million very quickly!
- Have fun!

And...during AI, when I had two balls stuck in I&S, I was scared to hold the start button for a whole second for fear of starting a new game. I'm sure Keith's programming takes this into account, but I was too scared to test it at the time!

Damn I love this game.

#17 7 years ago

Ya that's how I play already haha, just need to practice more on it I've still never gotten pretzel yet...

#19 7 years ago

Killer score! Seriously, this thread is making me excited! I'll have to put in some time this week...

#20 7 years ago

Yeah, you don't know it, but no matter the setting, start is ignored during AI. That's why you can just hold it in until the balls get kicked out even if the game is set to instant restart (which, why would you ever do that??).

#21 7 years ago

I haven't played ever IRL since I can't find one close and I saw one go on CL for $5k this week. I might not ever own one or get the chance to play. I've played the vpin and that score sounds incredible. GG and nice work sir.

#22 7 years ago

I'm at 310m, nice score. I actually didn't know you could start another mode while in MB... learned something new, and will be shooting for this everytime, now!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

What a great way to start the day!

That score is off the hook. It was probably one of those games that started off as just a casual flip-the-ball-around kinda game, eh?

TSPP will probably be the last pin I ever sell. Bought it before playing a single ball on one. That was over 5 years ago and it still plays new-pin fresh to me.

#24 7 years ago

Indeed... TSPP was my first pinball, bought way back in 2003, and I don't ever plan on selling it. And that's not just because I love the Simpsons - and not because I have spare playfields, along with double spares of all ramps, plastics, decals, toys and anything else I could forsee possibly breaking in the future (this was all WAY before Stern's spare part costs skyrocketed).

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I have spare playfields, along with double spares of all ramps, plastics, decals, toys and anything else I could forsee possibly breaking in the future (this was all WAY before Stern's spare part costs skyrocketed

wow

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
£ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside