• Latest reply 11 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TSPP4.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Just got my TSPP. I've ordered a Moe's Tavern playset to mod into the back right corner.
Wondering if any of you have done much with the GI lighting (I think there's about 10 lights at the very back of the PF that could be replaced with various colours).
Has anyone out there changed them up, and if so, can you share some pics? Maybe plain old white is the way to go?

#2 11 years ago

White. Done. Simpsons is plenty colorful & is lit beautifully by white light. Colorbombing it will just monochrome things for no reason.

Whether you LED the game or not, put LEDs (preferably PBL's 4-LED) in the spotlights. This brings the game to life in an amazing way.

#3 11 years ago

Good to know -thanks for the input.
I noticed there are currently a couple blue lights in the midst of the white ones so I'll probably switch them back to white as you suggested.
Thanks Hero!

#4 11 years ago

I just bought a simpsons with LEDs in the inserts and stock incandescent in the GI areas. Been thinking of a total led swap out in the GI areas. If anyone has pics I'd be interested in seeing them as well.

#5 11 years ago

I just bought a Simpsons with LEDs in the inserts and stock incandescent in the GI areas. Been thinking of a total led swap out in the GI areas. If anyone has pics I'd be interested in seeing them as well.

TSPP4.jpgTSPP4.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Considering TSPP does insert fading effects (which never translate well to LEDs), I would've done the exact opposite!

With that said, there are a few places with IMPOSSIBLE to get to bulbs, so I would put LEDs in there regardless simply so you don't have to change them.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Considering TSPP does insert fading effects (which never translate well to LEDs), I would've done the exact opposite!

That was my reservation with TSPP and LEDs....but the fades with modern LEDs (I'm mostly using CT Premiums) are much less choppy than older generation LEDs. It's still not SMOOOOOTH smooth, but at the end of the day I felt the trade off for the color vibrancy was worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 218.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-gi-suggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.