Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71E56A43-D649-452C-9495-44D6EE4FB2BB (resized).jpeg
5E7B09D1-5904-4275-8D84-7B67BC21701F (resized).jpeg
F9175974-3FBB-460C-995D-71E4E2317C8E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Was just playing TSPP and the game reset during play. I started another game and it reset on the first ball. Now it just resets while idling in attract mode - about every 10 seconds. I've owned the game roughly 12 years (was on RGP before pinside) and this is a first.
I'm guessing this is a voltage drop and a "caps and bridge" repair is needed. Sadly that's not something within my skill set. So I need a little advice please - this would be the main board that needs the repair (aka the big board)? And is the coin op caldron still going?
Thank you!

Walk before you run.... On the driver board (below the CPU) on the right, there are two connectors on the top of the driver board going to the cpu. Reseat those a couple of times on both boards and see if the issue disappears.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Got to my third ball and then hit a resetting loop of resets. Thanks for the walking before I run tip. For a few minutes I thought it was cured.

Sorry, to the left of those should be a big connector with black wires and a smaller one next to it with red wires.... Reseat both of those, they are responsible for your 12 volt and 5 volt.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

That messed up looking connector was also pretty loose. I reseated it but doesn’t the orange wire look like it needs to be soldered in or reattached somehow?
I’m probably lucky but never had to do that before.

That could definitely cause issues. It needs to be redone with new crimp and connector.
That 5 volt connection is critical to stability.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

This is good advice. You are losing me at “re-punch it”. Can you elaborate please?

Pull the wire out, cut back to clean wire (no inner wire exposed) and then use a jeweler screwdriver or something similar to push the wire back down into the teeth of the connector. Keep pushing until it is all the way down the connector and the teeth have grooved themselves into the wire.

That connector is pretty toasted though, so this fix would be temporary. Which could be one hour or one decade... Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-game-resets?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.