Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I looking to buy a TSPP. I red on another forum that this machine feels clunky mainly because of the 5 flippers. For the ones who already played this game, did you find it clunky?

#2 13 years ago

I love TSPP, and I definitely wouldn't use the word "clunky" to describe it. The ruleset is insane, yet it's also accessible to the novice player. As far as the game having five flippers, I just don't understand why that would be a negative. Two of them are up in the mini-playfield anyway. Of course, you should definitely play one before you buy it. It's not for all tastes. You have to like stop-n-go type of pins.

#3 13 years ago

another person said there is nothing to shoot at...lol try the game like gweempose said. i have mine for a month and am still learning how this machine scores. it is a keeper in my collection. good luck

#4 13 years ago

tspp is a fun pin. It is not clunky. I had one for a while. It is one of sterns best.

#5 13 years ago

TSPP is far from clunky. If there wasn't such a huge open spot in the center for the novice players, it would be a shooters game. Once you understand the playfield layout, you'll understand each flipper has its own reason of existance. That may be a reason why I think most people don't like TSPP a whole lot. You really have to do your homework, to see how the game works.

If anything, TSPP is the closest Stern has gotten to try to emulate its own Twilight Zone-ish game, and that is saying something. Pinheads who enjoy flow aren't going to dig TSPP alot, because for the lack of the word, it hardly has any.

#6 13 years ago

I have a TSPP that i bought NIB and I agree that it does feel a bit clunky, especially when compared to some WPC games. If i play my WH20 after playing my TSPP it seems to play smooth as butter in comparison.

That's not to take anything away from TSPP though. I still think it's a top 4 game, and the 2nd best Stern after LOTR. It has the greatest rule-set in pinball and one of the best layouts and upper playfields as well. I agree that it is Stern's Twilight Zone. Much like LOTR's is Stern's Medieval Madness. Both games have far better and deeper software than their WPC counterparts, which is what makes the games so great!

I wouldn't let the "Stern clunky-ness" factor stop you from buying the game. It's fantastic just the way it is!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 13 years ago

Thanks for your answers!

Ok, it could feels clunky if you compare to Williams... The good thing is that i have only one pinball to compare and it is LOTR....

I really want TSPP because of the deep ruleset.
The price of this game goes higher now, i have to do a move quick!

The newest Stern have these ugly animations on the DMD, i can't imagine buy a pinball with these sh....

#8 13 years ago

Originally posted by Holy Pickle:

"The price of this game goes higher now, I have to do a move quick!"

Are you looking to pick up a used one or NIB?

#9 13 years ago

I think the clunkiness feel of Sterns is in no small part due to the thinner cabinet plywood. Stern uses 5/8" and Williams used 3/4" ply. The thinner plies let sound and vibration travel more easily. My opinion though. However, 5 flippers could also be a part of it.

"Nothing to shoot for on TSPP" lol

#10 13 years ago

Not a huge fan. I prefer a game with more flow. Strangly I do like TZ though.

#11 13 years ago

Gweempose: I'm looking for HUO.

There is two near me, the first one has been routed and have wear around the buttons. He ask $3500 firm...
The second one is a PERFECT huo. He is the first owner and ask $5000.....I will offer $4500
Take note that i'm located in Canada. If i buy a new one from USA, i have to pay 14% tax + freight.

#12 13 years ago

Yeah Shrek and Family Guy have 5 flippers, but like TSPP two are contained in a mini-playfield. TZ actually has SIX flippers when you think about it (four regular and two magna flip).

LOTR feels very clunky to me because there are so many shots and the shots are in fairly tight lanes/ramps. Until you get the shots down you plonk plonk plonk against the lane dividers and posts. But after you get into the rhythm it becomes much more flowy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-clunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.