(Topic ID: 23834)

TSPP cliffy ramp protector now available!

By Spudgunman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinwillie
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ramp.jpg
tsppGrampProto3.jpg
tsppGrampProto2.jpg
tsppGrampProto1.jpg
ramplarge.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Photo_1-4.jpg
moe-ramp.jpg
treehouse-ramp.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elfman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

cliffy looks like there is some interest for (at least from me) to also purchase a "rear garage ramp" protector (protecting item 545-6045-00)

Absolutely this! I just acquired my TSPP and was having trouble with slow garage shots. After lifting the upper playfield, I noticed that the tip was broken off. I have looked EVERYWHERE for this ramp replacement and the only one I could find was located in Europe. Payment was convoluted and shipping would probably take months. The lip at the end is chipped right off and would love some sort of metal tip to replace it with.

I'll mail Cliffy directly about this too!

Post edited by Elfman : Pic added ramplarge.jpgramplarge.jpg

#58 10 years ago

Whew! Just got done installing the Cliffy's ramp protectors (left and right). You weren't kidding when you said the Comic Book Guy ramp was hard.

Had a D'oh! moment though. I removed the nut on the bottom of the playfield for the post replacement. Then got the ramp all the way removed. Then removed the 2 nuts on the underside of the wire gate. Got the protector on and put everything back together. Found out that I accidentally used the post nut on the wire gate side. My remaining nut does not fit the post because it is a millimeter smaller.

Take two. Do it all again except making sure which nut is which. Why do something once when you can take twice as long doing it twice.

Anyways, great product Cliff! Really look forward to your investigations on the garage ramp.

1 month later
#60 10 years ago

Awesome progress Cliffy! Thanks so much for the update!

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Now *I* have to find a garage ramp to keep on the bench as a bend template. I'll be happy with a busted one even.

PM Sent

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Awesome. I don't have a TSPP, but I have a friend who does and can use that, his ramp is cracking enough that it's rejecting the occasional shot.

Tell your friend that I was able to find one in stock with a German site 'The Pin Witch'. They accept PayPal and the ramp shipped well packaged and a lot quicker than I had anticiapted. About 2 weeks.

http://thepinwitch.com/gx2/product_info.php/info/p2275_the-simpson-pinball-party---middle-ramp-assy.html

1 week later
#70 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

When are they available to purchase. At start of thread it now says ready to purchase but I've looked on pinbits and I can't see them?
I have the itchy and scratchy ones which are excellent but would like to add the ramps too.

Contact Cliffy direct for the left and right ramp protectors.

http://passionforpinball.com/

Center ramp is still in development.

2 months later
#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

After a bunch of rejected garage shots I've had to redesign the garage ramp protector. The fold I made on the end was adding too much height and the shot became really difficult. Cutting the folded over section makes it play right again. Oh the joys of prototyping

On the test piece you sent me, I did notice some shots were getting stuck as well but as per your recommendation, I was able to gently bend the front ramp portion up just a smidge. Specifically on the right side. Have had very few if any issues that I am able to recall. Have been pretty busy without much time for the silverball but I'll get some good time on it over the holidays. As always, keep up the great work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elfman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-cliffy-ramp-protector?tu=Elfman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.