b1.jpg
marge-thumbsup.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I will share them with her tomorrow morning for coffee. We are selling Simpsons now and are going to go for another project so we can continue working on things together. Its been a blast!

You better not break her heart now... "Mom I had to sell that Simpson's to get the newest Stern/JJP release"

Ouch!

#102 10 years ago

I only just caught up with this thread a little late but that is incredible what your mum did - very talented. are you sure you want to sell it, I don't think I could after my mum spent so many hours on it. Great looking machine.

Well done mum....

Curious:
How many hours did your mum spent working on the pin?
Does she like the Simpsons?

#103 10 years ago

This is actually great can't believe how Baxter the cab was faded but the paint and small strokes you see give it character that I actually like a lot like a painted bilboard instead of a photos hoped sticker.

#104 10 years ago

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your concern on my mothers behalf. I can assure you that she is absolutely okay with selling the game. We sold the game today and she is very excited to find something else that we can work on.

#105 10 years ago

Please share the next journey with us. Very enjoyable ride,
Allen the Legend

#106 10 years ago

I was at Pinball Circus on Saturday and saw the for sale sign on the game but couldn't figure out what in the hell might be wrong with it to sell it for $3300 + nos pf ...Played well and looked good in person from what I could tell (casually looked at front and left sides as I wasn't looking to buy).

...Anyway, just stumbled onto this thread...Wow--impressive cosmetic restoration.

2 months later
#107 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

We sold the game today and she is very excited to find something else that we can work on.

I am very happy for you and glad you were able to share this experience with your mother. I second the other thoughts about saving this work of art for many years/generations as a way to remember her but it's nice that you will be moving onto another project.

I'm already never going to sell my TSPP, but my mother passed away years ago and if she did this, the machine would be priceless to me and I would never sell it.

I hope you got a great price and I hope the new owner finds this post and recognizes the hidden value.

All the best.

#108 10 years ago

Trust me, I play the game every day I can. Only 62million last night though, pretty good Mystery Spot MB, one Couch MB, and two IS MBs. Love this game.

6 months later
#109 9 years ago

Good work

IMG_3794.jpgIMG_3794.jpg

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from zerik:

Good work

IMG_3794.jpg 273 KB

I thought there weren't any decals available for this machine.

#111 9 years ago

Neat thread, love spending time with my mom as well, I'm sure that time was worth more than anything else!

Did she include any easter eggs That would be awesome if she immortalized your family in there!

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I thought there weren't any decals available for this machine.

There always are decals available, just depends on who you want to bribe for the art work.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

There always are decals available, just depends on who you want to bribe for the art work.

And they all vary greatly in quality....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-owners-club-members-only/page/8#post-1705116

#114 9 years ago

The prints may vary in quality, but the art work can be printed on anything.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

The prints may vary in quality, but the art work can be printed on anything.

There is various artwork out there (not sure if we are saying the same thing)..... I had a chance to look at another cabinet from another collector with a different artwork source and all the background characters were really grainy. My artwork source, all of the background characters are scaled differently from the original.

I am willing to be that there are at least 4 different source artwork files out there...

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

There is various artwork out there (not sure if we are saying the same thing)..... I had a chance to look at another cabinet from another collector with a different artwork source and all the background characters were really grainy. My artwork source, all of the background characters are scaled differently from the original.
I am willing to be that there are at least 4 different source artwork files out there...

Ah, yea I thought you were referring to the material used. My bad

#117 9 years ago

Just saw this thread for the first time. Your mom is welcome at my house anytime!

1 week later
#118 9 years ago

Its alway nice to read these and show my mother them. It makes her day. As of lately, she has been unable to help with any projects due to health reasons. Hopefully we can do a few more someday.

#119 9 years ago

The machine is still getting plenty of play, one of the favorites when people come over. I still have the sillyoldelf side decals and moe's toy mod to put in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-cab-painting-who-needs-decals/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.