Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by scottslash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am going to look at a TSPP tomorrow. I am hoping a Pinsider with game specific experience can coach me on what to look out for that is game specific? Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

I'd check the Itchy and Scratchy saucer, shooter lane, and make sure the garage and couch work

#3 6 years ago

Check the ramps for cracks. The one behind the garage door too.

#4 6 years ago

also cabinet fade and wear at flipper buttons and start button

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

also cabinet fade and wear at flipper buttons and start button

9 out of 10... it has flipper wear. But, you cant play the cabinet

#6 6 years ago

I've noticed a huge variance in playfield color quality between the 2003 and 2005 versions of the game. The later run seems much more vibrant to me. Same goes with the cab colors.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've noticed a huge variance in playfield color quality between the 2003 and 2005 versions of the game. The later run seems much more vibrant to me. Same goes with the cab colors.

I think the early games with the pinkish car are more authentic (and rarer) than the later runs with reddish car. The car is pinkish in the show.

Back on topic, TSPP is built like a tank, very few issues with the game. Go into the tech alert menu and see what shows up, hopefully nothing. Garage door and kick up to the upper PF are the main wear items along with I&s hole. Should be running version 5 roms, look at dmd on boot to see what it shows.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Check the ramps for cracks. The one behind the garage door too.

^^^^This x2.... Check all ramps including in the garage. And then broken or not you can buy the Three pack Cliffy Ramp set. Worth the money and it will completely fix broken ramps.

#9 6 years ago

Basically, everything the others have said. I never had one issue while owning mine. Enjoy it, I regret selling mine!

#10 6 years ago

Great feedback - thanks to all!

#11 6 years ago

This game is a real pain in the ass to work on for beginners. Layered play fields, multiple flippers, ect. If this is your first and you gotta take apart play field parts, good luck, because now your deep into the pinball repair exsperiance.

#12 6 years ago

TSPP is one of the best games ever made. You will enjoy it for a long time. Resist the urge to over bling it. Two nice mods are putting color changing or ultra bright green leds in the cooling towers and see if Borygard has any Duff mods left.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

TSPP is one of the best games ever made. You will enjoy it for a long time. Resist the urge to over bling it. Two nice mods are putting color changing or ultra bright green leds in the cooling towers and see of Borygard has any Duff mods left.

I didn't think I'd like this game, but I can see owning it for a long, long time. Great game, deep rules that aren't impossible to figure out, an awesome layout, probably the best upper playfield of all time.

#14 6 years ago

make sure all upper playfield works. especially the ball lock to start modes

#15 6 years ago

Make sure the LED TV works, check the boards make sure the batteries aren't leaking and that there is no corrosion.

#16 6 years ago

In addition to checking the upper mini playfield LED TV, you need to make sure the mini flippers are strong.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Layered play fields,

As far as layered playfields go, the top playfield on TSPP is pretty easy to work with. There finger nuts and viola.

#18 6 years ago

Thanks all. I picked up the machine for $3500 and will post some pics when I het it downstairs and set up - next weekend.

It had a dirty but very nice playfield. Everything worked. Ramps in good shape. Left side of the cabinet had fade which is the only negative. New rubber and a god cleaning and it will be ready to play.' Thanks again.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Thanks all. I picked up the machine for $3500 and will post some pics when I het it downstairs and set up - next weekend.
It had a dirty but very nice playfield. Everything worked. Ramps in good shape. Left side of the cabinet had fade which is the only negative. New rubber and a god cleaning and it will be ready to play.' Thanks again.

Must be real dirty if it requires a 'god cleaning'. Ha! Congrats on the pin, great game!

#20 6 years ago

Last time something required a "god cleaning" it rained for 40 days and 40 nights. Going to be hell on the cabinet and electronics.

#21 6 years ago

Nice find. If you're anything like me, you'll keep that TSPP forever! Be warned... it gets dirty FAST!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside