View topic image gallery

tspp7.jpg
tspp4.jpg
tspp5.jpg
tspp3.JPG
tspp8.jpg
tspp6.JPG
#1 13 years ago

What is the going rate for 2004 TSPP, excellent shape just overhauled & serviced? The book states $3200 for a 2004.

#2 13 years ago

Is it home use only? If it has been routed, I think $3200 might be a little high unless it's in particularly great shape. I just grabbed one for $2700 that's in really good condition and I just finished shopping it out today. I'll snap some pics so you can compare it to what's out there on the market.

The other TSPP I have (gave to my dad for his birthday) I paid $2600 for. It was straight off route, but it cleaned up very nicely and looks amazing.

If the game is HUO, I'd say that the $3200 asking is fair, but there are probably some better deals to be had if it's a routed machine.

#3 13 years ago

Hey jar thanks for the response....
I asked the seller a few questions in e-mail form and this is what I received back.....

(Hi..Yes it has been a family game..it was my fathers and now mine..the machine was manufactured in 2004 it was purchased in 2005 the plays are fairly minimal..like any it was used a lot when it was new..then only played here and there mostly just dusted and cleaned .I have always serviced it and it was never abused such as hitting and trying to tilt it.
Fred)

His asking price on craigslist was $3500 and I am not sure if he will move on that.
Here is the craigslist post....

Simpsons pinball party machine-this machine is in excellent shape.
Works perfectly, just overhauled and serviced, the machine looks almost new.
This is a classic Stern pinball machine.
The game is said to feature one of the most complex rule sheets that were ever designed for a pinball machine featuring the ability to stack various modes and multi-balls on top of each other. Reaching the "Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode" requires an unusually large number of shots that have to be achieved and only a few people ever reached it.

If these are plentiful I may wait but I haven't seen many come up over here in California.....what do u all think?

Wait or jump

#4 13 years ago

$3500 seems a touch high to me. If you can get him down to $3200 I'd feel better about the deal. I think the seller needs to realize that there are newer runs of the game out there, and you can get a new in box one still for right around $4000 (maybe a little less if you're lucky).

#5 13 years ago

$3200 is for a machine in pretty good condition but not perfect. It sounds as if this is practically new so maybe it is worth the premium price tag but it definitely isn't a great deal. I would go look at it and decide if it is worth the extra $300.
Price is also subjective to the area where you live. But if you can get a NIB one for $500 more I would go that route. I haven't seen any NIB TSPPs for $4000 but I also haven't really been looking since I decided SM will be my next NIB purchase... someday.

#6 13 years ago

I'd probably wait loren3233. $3500 for a used Stern is quite high, considering you can get an NIB Iron Man or a Big Buck for only a few more hundred dollars. I wouldn't pay more than maybe $3K for a used Stern Simpsons.

#7 13 years ago

Hey guys...I know it is a bit high and still not sure if he will move on it but I did get pics of the cabinet, playfield, etc. This has been a HUO game the entire time and in his last email he said....

"Hi I took the best angle I could..the playfield is perfect..it looks unused also all the flippers and pluggers were just rebuilt about 2 months ago, the cabinet is also blemish free..it has been in the living room all it's life.Moving to Boston and just cannot ship it that far.I will break up the pictures in 3 emails so as not to overload the servers"

A NIB TSPP would be $4900.

I am attaching a couple pics and tell me what you think....I see just a bit of wear on the rubbers which should be an easy fix. Does everything look the way it should on the pf?

tspp6.JPGtspp6.JPG tspp8.jpgtspp8.jpg

#8 13 years ago

It looks pretty good, but I can tell it hasn't been fully shopped due to some dirt lines. They'd clean up easily but they shouldn't be there for a machine that's supposed to have been fully shopped.

#9 13 years ago

Plus a HUO pin with not too many plays shouldn't need a flipper rebuild?

#10 13 years ago

hi loren,

i just bought a 2005 version huo tspp. i paid 3100, and the machine had 1400 plays on it.as for condition/wear it was 9.5/10. the goodybag was still attached inside the machine.look to see if there is any flipper button wear, very common on these machines if heavily played. for 3500 i would pass. i have never paid what somebody was asking on any on craigslist machine. just tell him that's not what you are willing to pay and make a final offer. with spiderman, ironman,bbh, and now avatar on the horizon i can't imagine people are knocking down the door at 3500 for tspp.as others have chimed in i would suggest 3000 as is.

you will NEVER see a pinball machine as deep with the rules as this one. i believe in a few years it will be even more desireable as stern continues to make their games more and more basic.less ramps, flippers and rules is the new stern motto. this game has 5 flippers,upper playfield, ramps, loops,drop targets and a boat load of ways to make points.the only thing missing is a magnet.

good luck with it. oh, the machine is awesome! an excellent choice for a stern machine.

#11 13 years ago

After looking at the pics, the machine looks nice but is a bit on the dirty side. I would also be leery that there could be flipper button wear because the seller installed the new style side rails that could be covering something up? I think $3500 is too high for this particular game. If it was in perfect condition and was low-play, i think the asking price may be warranted. When i bought my HUO LOTR it had under 400 plays and looked like it just came out of the box. I'm also guessing that this game has a high amount of plays if the flippers were already re-built? I think $3100-$3200 is a fair price. Good luck! TSPP is an awesome game!

#12 13 years ago

Originally posted by treveism:

"I'm also guessing that this game has a high amount of plays if the flippers were already re-built ..."

Bingo!

#13 13 years ago

Is it me or is there also wear in the shooter lane? It's HUO if he has a recipt, otherwise saying something is HUO is meaningless. Judging by the pics, I'm skeptical that this machine is HUO. Since HUO is meaningless anyway, I guess I should say that based on condition, I'm skeptical this game is worth $3,500. My game is in about that shape, I think it's worth $3,100.

#14 13 years ago

It may be HUO but that doesn't mean he ever cleaned it. Heck, it probably didn't even need a flipper rebuild. Was probably just sluggish from dirt.

#15 13 years ago

Yeah....good points and being new...I think I will pass on this one. I am sure one will come along soon....thanks guys

#16 13 years ago

Yea, I'd hang tight loren3233. I'm sure you'll find one. I've started seeing TSPP on CL more often than usual. Maybe people are starting to finally get to paying for vacations or getting money for new NIB Sterns?

I'm still hanging on tooth and nail for a JM. I'll have one soon, I hope.

#17 13 years ago

Originally posted by drbond:

"I've started seeing TSPP on CL more often than usual. Maybe people are starting to finally get to paying for vacations ..."

You mean people actually have other things they need to spend money on besides pinball?

#18 13 years ago

Haha. Yea, who knew.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 45.95
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.