You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The Shadow in the GRG 008.JPG
The Shadow 030.JPG
The Shadow 014.JPG
1396023729209.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago

I always used to hate Shadow as I could never get a decent game on it. One shot slightly off the left ramp and it was straight down the middle or outlane.
Last week I borrowed a friends' Shadow so that i could host a tournament this weekend and for the first dozen or so practice games it was exactly the same, so I tried some different tactics.

Shooting for Vengence is too risky due to the standups guarding the left ramp being so close to the flippers that a missed shot is almost certain death.
Trying for Shadow multiball, easy enough to achieve but not worth huge amounts, likewise with Battlefield.
I tried the left orbit / shadow loop strategy as demonstrated by Bowen, but despite getting some decent scores around 1B, couldn't get much further and it doesn't progress towards Final Battle.

By far the best strategy I have found is concentrate on shooting for scenes, once a scene starts go back to Left Orbit/Shadow Loop. Yes it's a tight shot, but once you get it nailed the points flow, plus if you miss it's far enough away to allow you a chance of saving the ball.
I find that using this strategy you end up getting the other multiballs and battlefield just by the ball careering around, which then sets up Final Battle. I've reached FB twice in the last week and completed it once.
Another good scoring opportunity is the Secret Laugh Mode, although it does mean you've got an extra scene to complete before FB.

I've now managed to wipe all my friends scores off the high score table, with the best being 2.8B. Doubt he's going to lend me anything again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ts-the-shadow-do-you-suck-too?tu=wjxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.