Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Shadow_E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

The Shadow in the GRG 008.JPG
The Shadow 030.JPG
The Shadow 014.JPG
1396023729209.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Shadow isn't an easy game. I still haven't beat the Final Battle, closest I've come is a handful of shots left. I top out around 1.5 billion, but a typical "good" game is probably only 900 million or so. Thing is, I can have a 30 million game right after that, and after that, it's definitely not the kind of game most people can just pwn at will.

A good part of it is how you're doing with your scene start shot, it's tight, and if you're not able to hit it pretty reliably it's tough to get too deep. But that's part of the beauty of the game, not only is it challenging, you can play it in different ways. Skip the scenes all together and try and rack up super vengeances instead!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

That battlefield is also something I see as needing some practice to get the hang of, I can get 4 or 5 hits and then it drops off, but I've just begun to play it a few days ago.
How many hits can you guys get at best?

Battlefields definitely don't all play the same. I forget what the 4th level requires in hits now, but I've beaten that. 75? Not sure I did that in one try, probably at least a couple.

#17 5 years ago

This is why I had to ship my Shadow in from out of state, I know lots of people in CA with one, but no one who was at all interested in selling. Now that I have mine it's not going anywhere either. Obviously with my translite project I have an emotional attachment to it, but beyond that it's just such a great game, and not really like anything else.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Was 2 shots from finishing final battle too--that would have been huge.

Um yeah, that would have tacked another billion on that score.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Shooting for Vengence is too risky due to the standups guarding the left ramp being so close to the flippers that a missed shot is almost certain death.

That's true, but I still love shooting Super Vengeances, I can't help but light those rings, even when I shouldn't. That minor chord piano kicks in and the scene I was gunning for is forgotten, gotta hit the ramps!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PCB Emporium
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
Uxbridge, MA
$ 37.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside