trying to talk myself into a Jurassic Park Premium

By Mutt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Every day I search here, FB Marketplace, ebay, & craigslist for 2 pins, Super Mario Bros & Jurassic Park Premium. SMB is a straight forward search. if I find one in good shape & a reasonable price, I'll grab it. as for Jurassic Park, I don't even know what I'm looking for. You can buy them NIB for around $7600 shipped but i'm having trouble justifying the purchase & I seriously doubt I'm gonna find one used for much less. If the pro had the moving TRex, I would have picked it up by now. I've never regretted the Aerosmith Pro I picked up thru this site but for the cost of the premium I could grab another HUO pro & still have money left over for a nice 90s pin. I thought about posting here asking for advice but then I realized I'd just get a bunch of buy it, it's a great pin responses. instead I'm just venting. I guess I'll keep looking and if one pops up near by, I'll probably bit the bullet.

pro, love the theme & layout.
pro, my wife is 100% behind it & my 7yro is excited for it. normally that would make the decision easy.
pro, machines hold their value. con, that only matters if i'd ever sell it.
pro, due to the covid we'll likely won't be hitting the arcades this summer. probably won't even be going to the shore much. w/ that in mind, it's a good time to buy.

don't mind me. like the subject says, just trying to talk myself into buying it.

#2 3 years ago

You only live once and you can't take it with you. If your family wants to play it, that sounds like awesome family bonding time and you can't put a price on that.

And, like you said, you can always sell it later if you want so the whole experience would only cost your a grand or two for those memories.

I wish my wife and daughter liked playing.

#3 3 years ago

No. Don't do it. You work hard. You live you die. Why get something you really want that would enrich your life and bring you much happiness in these troubled times. Just keep nose to the grind stone and read about all the others enjoying Jurassic Park Premium.

Well. ................................... What are you waiting for ?

GO FOR IT !

LTG : )

#4 3 years ago

Life is short. Enjoy it. It’s a wonderful game. I’m glad I got one.

#5 3 years ago

Do it!!

#6 3 years ago

You’d be absolutely nuts not to. Now off you go!

#7 3 years ago

Honestly the price doesn’t matter. I’ve owned some games for years and years and when you break down the cost of ownership over time and plays, these games are very affordable and they retain their value.

#8 3 years ago

Only negative for a JP premium is it’s going to be hard to find one for a couple months. Regardless I think the JP premium is the way to go. It’s a great layout and JP is a theme everyone can relate to.

#9 3 years ago

Once they start up production within the next month or two you should be able to get a NIB delivered for $7300. If you’re anxious, then don’t sweat paying a few hundred more. Otherwise wait another 3 to 6 months and buy new for $7300, or used for about $6300-6500 like every other modern Stern “cornerstone” title after a year or two. JP2 is a pretty tough game so there will be plenty of more casual players that will get frustrated, and others that will just be ready for the next new thing.

#10 3 years ago

I'd buy one, but Stern hasn't done anything about my BM66 playfield issues. Nor do we know if they resolved the issues. Jurassic Park is a phenomenal game, but I'm not going through watching chunks of a $7,500 game fall off the playfield again.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'd buy one, but Stern hasn't done anything about my BM66 playfield issues. Nor do we know if they resolved the issues. Jurassic Park is a phenomenal game, but I'm not going through watching chunks of a $7,500 game fall off the playfield again.

that doesn't sound good.

I'm gonna make some calls today. Adding to the pro column, we'll were thinking about Disney for this fall & w/ the Covid, that's cancelled too. 1 more reason to add to our home collection.

#12 3 years ago

Consider getting an EHOH instead. Its a much more fun game to play. I sold my JPLE. After awhile dinosaur roaring at you gets stale and as cool as the moving trex head is its also a little underwhelming after its done its trick once.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Consider getting an EHOH instead. Its a much more fun game to play. I sold my JPLE. After awhile dinosaur roaring at you gets stale and as cool as the moving trex head is its also a little underwhelming after its done its trick once.

just watched the trailer & Elvira looks like a lot of fun.

just went to order the Jurassic Park & no dice yet. Stern is closed & the couple places I saw that had it for sale have "October Delivery" in fine print or they only deliver in a 100mi radius & I'm outside that. If I'm ordering, I want it now. will keep searching.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

just watched the trailer & Elvira looks like a lot of fun.
just went to order the Jurassic Park & no dice yet. Stern is closed & the couple places I saw that had it for sale have "October Delivery" in fine print or they only deliver in a 100mi radius & I'm outside that. If I'm ordering, I want it now. will keep searching.

October?!! I placed a Premium order a few weeks back. I figured Stern could reopen by July 1 and I would get it sometime in July or early August.

Will be disappointed if it takes that long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-talk-myself-into-a-jurassic-park-premium?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.