• Latest reply 9 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141226203825603-labeled.jpg
20141226203645628-lamps.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm trying to replace four incandescent flashers on my Gottlieb Genesis with SMD variants, but they aren't working. These are the four lamps under the ramps.

However, there is another section of incandescent flasher bulbs (marked as the "playboard"), which gives me different results.

On the diagram, the ramp lamps and the playboard lamps are both #67 bulbs and are both fed from the same +24v line from the transformer and pass through 4ohm 7W resistors before reaching the lamps.

At this point, I'm a bit puzzled about what the dependency is between the ramp lamps and the playboard lamps. Any ideas? Thanks

20141226203645628-lamps.jpg20141226203645628-lamps.jpg
20141226203825603-labeled.jpg20141226203825603-labeled.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Hmm...now the original flasher bulbs for the ramps aren't working at all.

The voltage does change when the lamps are supposed to flash, but I don't seem to be able to get an accurate reading since they only flash quickly. It looks like it maxes out at 8v if I use a multimeter on the lamp socket and lamp button.

#4 9 years ago

Nevermind, I figured it out. I backedtraced the issue to a connector on the driver board which wasn't pushed down all the way.

#6 9 years ago

Yeah, having them on the same circuit as the solenoids confused me a little bit, and I didn't think to check the diagram and connector on the driver board that was controlling them.

Both the 5 and 8 smd flashers worked. However, using the 5smd without a lens/dome on them to diffuse the light, I see several distinct points of light for each individual flasher, which doesn't look right to me. So, I'll probably swap them back to incandescents. The 8smd flashers have a ring that is too large to fit through the holes on the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-replace-flashers-with-leds-but-no-luck?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.