(Topic ID: 151190)

Trying to remember a game from when I was a kid..

By visi0n

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MrWizzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

When I was a kid, my grandpa had two games (well, two pins) in his basement that I used to spend hours on. One was a Chicago Coin Hi -Flyer. The other, I'm having trouble remembering and curious if any of you guys might be able to take my sporadic clues and point me in the right direction.. (I've perused the entire pinside archive of 70's and 80's pins but nothing jumped out)

I don't know if it was an EM or an early Solid State but I'm guessing EM. I'm leaning towards the idea that it is a Gottlieb but I don't remember the manufacturer. My uncle tells me it was a baseball-themed game. That seems right but it could have been another sport. I don't remember balls in the backglass, so probably not soccer. The distinctive feature that I remember the most (sorry I was only like 5 or 6) was that it had a ball-stop / ball save feature that you could earn. (alot like Champion Pub, actually) I just remember that being a very satisfying objective - to get the ballsave and have some safety in your play.

I know it's not alot to go on / sorry. Does anyone know of a 60's-70's model pin with a ball stop / ball save between the flippers and a baseball theme?

Thanks in advance!

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for the help and the tips! -- Perusing through ipdb yesterday some - what I came up with is kind of funny.

The closest game I can find that "feels" right to memory and fits the clues from my uncle (somewhat) about being baseball themed, is
    Williams 1972 Swinger: http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2485&picno=2381

The playfield seems to fit the closest recollection to my memory, the backglass (guy with sweat on his brow) seems oddly familiar. I wonder if 8 year old me asked an adult "Swinger, what's that? What's the game about?" / Half-Drunk Adult answered: "It's about baseball - go play."

(I'll keep digging but I think this was probably the game!)

Maybe a new (and fun) light on grandpa's basement shenanigans!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visi0n.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-remember-a-game-from-when-i-was-a-kid?tu=visi0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.