• Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball link problem (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I have recently "inherited" a 1975-ish Bally Bow and Arrow. My mom bought it when we were teenager, in the early 80s. I am sure nothing has been done to it once she acquired it. So, now I am trying to repair it, my kids are eager to play it. Many plastic parts are disintegrating. It seems to work for the most part.
What I have done: cleaned, waxed, replace all the rubber rings, replaced the ball, replaced burnout light bulbs on the playfield. Learned to solder, replaced the pop bumpers that were chipping, (that seems to have been successful).
Current problem: Flipper! They were working, without much power. The flipper plastic bats were breaking. So I replaced the bats. Their hitting power continues to degrade, it has the stupid set screws to tighten the flipper bat, now that I have replaced the flipper bat, I can't keep them tight. So I’ve ordered a flipper rebuild kit. And I am struggling. The new linkage hole is so tight that I can barely get it on the lever arm. I have to really force it to get it to move. I am sure my old linkage hole was elongated, but I am afraid if I put this in it will not work correctly and cause my coil to burn up. Is it normal for a new plunger and link assembly to not move easily on the lever arm?
I've attached a picture. The top is the new lever arm and new link and plunger connected. The bottom one is the new link and plunger assembly sitting in the old lever arm. The new lever arm shaft is bigger than the old one. I am debating whether to use my old lever arms and the new link or if I need to get different parts.

Pinball link problem (resized).jpgPinball link problem (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

I just take a reamer to the hole in the link till it's just the right size.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky2000:

The top is the new lever arm and new link and plunger connected. The bottom one is the new link and plunger assembly sitting in the old lever arm.

Not sure I get what the problem is. If you use both parts new it is OK? But if you try to put new part and old part together they don't?

The new parts in the kit should all work together so you don't use the old parts.

Or what they said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 3.95
Electronics
Penny K Pinball
Electronics
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-rebuild-the-flippers-link-assembly-problem-bow-arrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.