(Topic ID: 17040)

Anyone with a Judge Dredd able to help with a couple pics?

By ReWrite

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ReWrite
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I've come across two issues. I can't seem to figure out which wires go where, as well as what to do with the little spring on the flipper assembly.

EDIT: Still looking for pics of the flipper assemblies so I can wire them up. Looking at the manual just isn't clicking with me.

#2 11 years ago

I don't mean to be flippant, but can't you just look at the other assembly and copy that? That's why you only break one assembly down at a time. (right?)

Otherwise, power lines (may be daisy chained) should go to the lug on the banded side of the diode. The spring is just used to assist in the flipper being pulled back down to resting position after it has fired - you should see a couple logical holes to hook that up to. Sorry being so vague but hope it helps some.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

I don't mean to be flippant, but can't you just look at the other assembly and copy that? That's why you only break one assembly down at a time. (right?)
Otherwise, power lines (may be daisy chained) should go to the lug on the banded side of the diode. The spring is just used to assist in the flipper being pulled back down to resting position after it has fired - you should see a couple logical holes to hook that up to. Sorry being so vague but hope it helps some.

I didn't break any assemblies down, my pin came without ANY of the flipper assemblies, I purchased some, and am now trying to install them. I've found guides that show where on the coil each wire goes, but not too sure on figuring out which wire is which. I did manage to find where the spring goes though, so that's good! I didn't know if it went on the assembly, or connected somewhere else or anything. Thanks for the help!

Now to figure out the wiring!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

I don't mean to be FLIPPANT,

I see what you did there.

#5 11 years ago

What is the name of the game ?

Then someone may be able to get you info or pictures.

LTG

#6 11 years ago

The "power" wires are typically of a heavier gauge than the other wire on the coil. Don't know the game, but it is common for the power wires to be daisy chained, which means 2 of them will be twisted together and soldered to a single lug....so maybe that's a clue for you?

If you post the specific game, somebody can just give you the wire code colors I'm sure, if not a picture of their actual assembly.

#7 11 years ago

Judge Dredd. Pictures would be a God-send.

#8 11 years ago

re-write...

I will be down at my Judge Dredd Friday morning , I can take all the pictures you want , if you can wait till then

Im wondering if you have diodes on your fire buttons , and Im still needing a pic of the 3 bank target wire photo Im sure you have seen my "Phantom tilt" pinside post on this dreddful machine

TJ

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

re-write...
I will be down at my Judge Dredd Friday morning , I can take all the pictures you want , if you can wait till then
Im wondering if you have diodes on your fire buttons , and Im still needing a pic of the 3 bank target wire photo Im sure you have seen my "Phantom tilt" pinside post on this dreddful machine
TJ

I can wait, I can also take a picture of my 3 bank target for you, I'll review your thread after work and see what I can do!

#10 11 years ago

Let me know if you guys (ReWrite and Dawson) need some further photos. I took some pictures last week of the wiring before taking the flippers and drop target out for cleaning/replacement.

#11 11 years ago

Got the lower left flipper up and running. Need the lower right's switch wiring (the switch on the assembly, not the cabinet). I'd thought I'd gotten it right, but no love. Both upper flipper assemblies I need pics of too :/.

#12 11 years ago

Rewrite ... I never made it to the coast , Fed Ex F’ed up and my sip 10 transistor to fix my Genie did not show up ..

now I will have to have my gal go down there take the board out and either send it to me in Alaska or send it to Pascal in France ...

so as far as the Pics to JD , I never got those either ,the 3 hour drive did not fit into my plans unless that sip-10 showed (which it didn’t )

sorry man Off to alaska , where the internet is rare , and so are pinball machines

hard times with loads of trout and salmon to catch

TJ

#13 11 years ago

I have to clean games tomorrow. Will try and remember to take some pics of the wiring and post.

#14 11 years ago

Got a bunch of pics yesterday, and have almost everything up and running! Many thanks to a few different folks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-put-in-new-williams-flippers-the-1992-variety?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.