Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by adania
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

when I do this , and I tried a few times, it just disappears, what am I doing wrong?

#2 10 years ago

Similar thing happens to me. I just joined the site and am attempting to fill in my profile details. Regardless of browser, I can't submit a profile story. In neither IE (11 or compatibility mode) nor Chrome, can I submit the story. The button doesn't do anything. Neither does 'close story editor'.

On a side note, I had to enable compatibility mode in IE just to be able to post my clipboard into the box. Otherwise, I'd grant it access to my clipboard but nothing would paste in.

#3 10 years ago

Hmmm. Just had no issues this afternoon with my Alienware 18 win 8.1 IE 11. I was label to get there on my ipad just now with safari mobile.

#4 10 years ago

Moved to Pinside Website sub forum.

Can you walk us through exactly what you are doing? I have not updated my profile since we changed servers so my working knowledge is zero but I have not heard of others having the issue. I will look into it.

#5 10 years ago

Interesting. Today, it works just fine without any changes on my end other than logging in again (something I did multiple times yesterday). The profile story posted and is in unreviewed state.

2 weeks later
    #6 10 years ago

typed a story 5 times now...hit publish...poof! its gone! Just don't know what I am doing wrong??

#8 10 years ago

It has been submitted for Robin to approve. Imagine if someone just signed up and posted a profile story that was a profanity-laden hate fest. Once he approves it, it will be viewable by all.

Just a guess from my experience. It has been awhile since I posted mine.

#9 10 years ago

I am having the same problem here. I submitted my profile story twice now and still... Nothing... Maybe robin has not reviewed it yet???

1 month later
    3 years later
    #11 6 years ago

I'm probably just doing something stupidly wrong, but i am finally getting active on pinside, and thought it would be nice to include a profile story.

Picked a title, wrote a few paragraphs, decided it was time to save the draft and get back to work for a bit, and when i go to click Save Changes, nothing at all happens. Not even a tooltip showing that the button links to anything. So i try Close Editor instead, and again, nothing happens. Refresh the page a few times, try starting over a few times, same result.
    So having already sensibly saved my story to a separate textfile, i started searching the forums to figure out what i am doing wrong and can find nothing but this old thread, so here i am.

I'm using Firefox 56.0.2 on a macbook air running OSX El Capitan. I guess I could try it in Chrome too, if that is likely to work better? Or maybe i should just try rebooting my browser and logging in from scratch again on firefox first...

But if you want to read my story, maybe you will help me figure out how to post it. Thanks!!

#12 6 years ago

Thanks for letting me know! Turns out this issue only occurred in Firefox. I believe it should be fixed now. Sorry for the trouble!

#13 6 years ago

Thanks so much! I see a lot more functionality now and submission seems to have worked!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-post-a-profile-story and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.