(Topic ID: 267589)

Trying to ID a horse-parade themed EM game.

By HHaase

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HHaase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D1FDB322-A648-4D3F-A13C-D48B0B759502 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    FF6BAB12-1C78-4925-BB9D-BE16609E5168 (resized).jpeg
    FAA16AE0-97E0-497D-9886-84137506C2E1 (resized).jpeg
    Bronco (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    Bonanza (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've got a neighbor, whom I rarely see, that has a pinball machine in his garage. I catch a glimpse every once in a while but it's rare the garage is open, and I haven't had any luck catching a conversation with him. It's driving me bonkers trying to figure out what game it is. I keep trying to get a picture but haven't had any luck with that either.

It looks to be a 2-player EM game with score reels, and if I had to guess I'd say the coin door makes it a late Gottlieb or Williams. Doesn't look to be a wedge-head though. Cabinet is yellow in color, with some diamond shapes on the sides. Backglass I can clearly see everything but the name! The artwork is 5 women on horseback, holding up flags/lances in what looks like a marching parade, girl in the middle is obviously closer/larger, with the other 4 looking well behind. But it's definitely NOT 'Lancers', even though the cabinet artwork is somewhat similar.

#5 3 years ago

Unfortunately neither of those. No animation in the backbox, and doesn’t appear to be horse racing themed.

Thorobred is in the ballpark for artwork style but all the people are below the score reels and full-bodies on the people and horses.

#7 3 years ago

Closer, but still not a winner. Puts the middle horse in the right location though.

Best way I can describe it though is it looks like "Preview", but with girls on horses, and a different color arch/bar across the top, but still with a big red box around the score reels.

-Hans

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
    #9 3 years ago

Nope, but maybe I'll dig through the Chicago Coin lineup as well. I'm nowhere near certain on the manufacturer.

#11 3 years ago

Either that or I just have to get all creepy-stalker on the guy and get a picture of the thing. Weather is warming up so a lot more garage openings in the neighborhood.

-Hans

#14 3 years ago

Definitely not lancers,but a VERY similar theme. Too many horses on the right side, and the game I'm looking at they're all mounted, nobody walking.

-Hans

#17 3 years ago

All the right kind of theme, but still no luck. It's driving me bonkers, and I keep looking at games in IPDB constantly too.

Not sure what else I can look at for manufacturers. Frustrating for sure.

1 month later
    #19 3 years ago

Today was the day of success. They had a garage sale! The pin wasn’t for sale but I was able to get a clear look at it from about 15 feet away, though the guy it belongs to wasn’t home so I couldn’t chat about it.

Turns out I was completely wrong on just about every feature on the backglass, it’s a Gottlieb ‘Preview’. No horses at all. Not sure where the hell I thought I saw horses.

Though the cabinet colors don’t match The photos on IPDB, which really throws me ofF. I didn’t get to look at the playfield, might be a Preview backglass in a different game. But at least I know for sure what backglass it is now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-id-a-horse-parade-themed-em-game?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.