(Topic ID: 193618)

Trying to help a friend - Hollywood Tech Help

By futurepinhead

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I got in over my head. Trying to help a friend here. Trying to fix his Hollywood and it has deeper issues than I'm used to dealing with. Mostly coils not firing. I'm going to list them out.

Player unit isn't firing. It's always Player 1 Ball 1
    Crediting up won't fire the credit reel, knocker gets locked on
    Player 2 score reels won't fire unless you manually plunge it, it will fire once or twice then stop.
    The 500 point shot will kick the ball back out, but won't score it at all.

Score reels were cleaned thoroughly and do not get hung up at all when manually plunging them.

#2 6 years ago

I should also add that Player 1 runs very smooth when I rotate it manually. It's not gunked up at all. What is the relay that fires the player unit?

#3 6 years ago

Assuming this is a Chicago Coin Hollywood, I'm not sure if this machine has a "player unit." It does have a player control relay which is controlled by a 2nd coin relay switch and the ball count unit. Do you have the schematic for the machine? See if you can manually push in the player control relay. Does it change from one player to two player mode?

There are about seven switches that send power to the credit unit step up coil. Check the match plug and 3/5 ball adj plug also to see if they are clean and seated properly. Here is the schematic that will show the circuit that contains the credit wheel step up coil.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1214/Chicago_Coin_1976_Hollywood_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from fredsmythson:

Assuming this is a Chicago Coin Hollywood, I'm not sure if this machine has a "player unit." It does have a player control relay which is controlled by a 2nd coin relay switch and the ball count unit. Do you have the schematic for the machine? See if you can manually push in the player control relay. Does it change from one player to two player mode?
    There are about seven switches that send power to the credit unit step up coil. Check the match plug and 3/5 ball adj plug also to see if they are clean and seated properly. Here is the schematic that will show the circuit that contains the credit wheel step up coil.
    http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1214/Chicago_Coin_1976_Hollywood_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

Yes, Chicago Coin. Sorry, I just assumed they were all called Player Unit.
    When I push in the player control, it switches perfectly fine for Players and numbers of balls.

Ok so I will check 2nd Coin Relay, Ball Count unit, 3/5 Ball Adjust, Match plug? Thank you for the schematic, he did not have it when he dropped it off so that is helpful.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-help-a-friend-hollywood-tech-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.