(Topic ID: 242163)

Trying to find EMs

By pin2d

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Monaco (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Hey all, I have a strange question. I have a friend who contacted me and has a client that lives on Lake Wawasee in northern Indiana. This client wants two pinball machines "from the 50s or 60s" that are waterskiing/boat/lake themed, they "don't really have a budget" but "if we find the right thing he will pay for it". It sounds like the machines will mainly be for the grandkids to pull the plunger and beat up on.
    So what they need are two EMs that work with the above themes. They will need someone to transport them to his place and set them up. (I've brought up to my friend a few times that I thought it might be better to get a solid state game, thinking it would be more reliable than an EM. But this is what they want.)
    I am new to EMs, I've never owned one or worked on one so I'm looking for someone that is interested in doing this and taking a cut.
    Anyone have any ideas on where we could find these games and a person willing to set them up? As I mentioned, it would pay. I'm not sure on the amount yet, if I find these machines and a person willing to do this we'll just say it will cost $X to do it and if they want it great if not great. Let me know if you are interested or know anyone that might be.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

As anybody in the EM forums can tell you, these old games are hard to come by. Compounding this general scarcity by limiting your options to specific themes, that really torpedos your chances of finding anything at all. Not having a stated budget, but expecting somebody else to do the homework, deliver the games, and set them up? Also not the best formula for success.

I recommend they make a budget, and be open to whatever themed EM they can find. John Freel of Elkhart Pinball is in northern Indiana; he does retail sales and service, and deals in EMs. They might want to talk to him. His price will be high, but he has a reputation to protect, and will stand by his work. Things to consider.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-find-ems?tu=leckmeck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.