5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by swillie
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hot Hand (resized).jpg
    DropACard (resized).jpg
    Pokerino (resized).jpg
    QueensCastle (resized).jpg
    LadyLuck (resized).jpg
    Playfield (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hi. I am looking to find a pinball machine, can someone help me?
    When I was young I played a lot a machine at the hotel where my father worked. This was in 1980 so I suppose the machine is from the seventies. I don't remember much of the features of the machine, just that it was very much fun.
    It had some kind of card deck, or maybe only card diamonds theme. It had 3 or 4 or for plastic "cards" on each side to shot down, when all was shoot I think you got 2X, 4X and so on points. It also had 1 or 2 loops where the entrance of the loops had some spinning things.
    Not much to go on here, but I hope someone know which macj\hine I am trying to find
    Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Maybe Alien Poker?

Playfield (resized).jpgPlayfield (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

Hi and Thanks. I dont think it had double flippers, so its probably another machine.

#4 5 years ago

Here are a few options:
    Lady Luck and Pokerino are the only card-themed games I could find with both drop targets and spinners (probably not Pokerino, because of the flipper arrangement):

LadyLuck (resized).jpgLadyLuck (resized).jpg
    Pokerino (resized).jpgPokerino (resized).jpg

Hot Hand has a spinning flipper at the top:

Hot Hand (resized).jpgHot Hand (resized).jpg

Other possibilities might be Queen's Castle (all diamonds) and Drop a Card:

QueensCastle (resized).jpgQueensCastle (resized).jpg
    DropACard (resized).jpgDropACard (resized).jpg

All photos are from IPDB.org, which is a great resource for finding games by theme or feature. Do any of these look familiar?

Did your game have mechanical score reels or digital score displays? Or neither?
    Did it have metal rails on the sides or wood?
    Regular 3" flippers like Lady Luck or shorter 2" flippers like Drop a Card?
    That would help narrow it down to a certain time frame.

#5 5 years ago

Thank you for your great effort to help me

Hot Hand is the closest, because of the five plastic cards to shoot down. As I remember probably you get X bonus for shooting them all.

This is around 40 years ago so possibly I mix up features of the machines I played I will check out IPDB.org more.

#6 5 years ago

Ok, it was Hot Hand I am sure now. Thanks for the help. Now I want to buy it and get it shipped to Norway. Wish me luck

#7 5 years ago

Here's one for sale in California...

ventura.craigslist.org link

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Here's one for sale in California...
    ventura.craigslist.org link

uhhhhhh...what?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-find-a-name-of-a-machine-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.