Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JKnPA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just don't know what it's called or the term for it. On some/most (?) EMs, there's a row of lights for 000-900

What are they termed/called? Just noticing on mine, they do light up, but don't ever activate/change, and unsure what should cause them to change/advance? I can't say I've ever seen the stepper in the back box activate. (wondering if this is part of my problems)

Even Google searching description of it, I'm not finding any info/name.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

#5 9 years ago

Ok, yes that is it! So when should the match unit normally trigger? I can't say I've seen the coil fire, nor seen the light change on the back box, unless I manually operate the match unit.

Tim

#8 9 years ago

Only option in the back is to be able to set it to add a ball, or replay mode. I'm going to assume that for it to work, it should be in add a ball mode.

I'll run the score up in add a ball mode and watch to see if it activates. I'm doubting that this is the source of my other troubles, but had thought if it is something that also gets reset on game over or ball drain, that it could potentially be one thing to make sure is working too.

Tim

#10 9 years ago

Thanks! Game is currently in replay mode. I've forced a game over situation and the match light does light up, it does not change to a different light/number however, and on game reset and simulating a game over, the same match light comes on. (doesn't change)

Tim

#14 9 years ago

Zaccaria Supersonic is the game. Schematic is not publicly available (like most others out there), I'll need to pony up the $25 to get a scanned copy.

Stepper unit not sticking, it was rather greasy but now cleaned, never see/hear the coil fire, so something tells me coil is bad or a relay isn't activating it. But could also be if it is certain score required to bump it up to next one, and I've just not recreated that situation yet.

Manually stepping it up does change the light at least.

Tim

#18 9 years ago

Awesome! Thanks guys! Will check the 1000 point relay and wiring, 1000 point score does increment fine. If it is the coil, I happen to have a NOS coil that I can replace it with at least.

Much appreciated

Tim

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-figure-out-the-right-term-which-is-eluding-me?tu=nagamitsu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.