(Topic ID: 296248)

Trying to diagnose bad playfield hole kicker (Zaccaria Space Mission)

By swampwiz

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by swampwiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

There is a hole at the top of the playfield which works properly sometimes, but other times actuates too weakly to pop the ball out, and sometimes nothing at all. The coil is a D.40 S.1200, which is cross-referenced with the Williams 26-1200, which I have bought to replace it with (the replacement coil officially says "AO-26 1200").

So I've take the coil out of the housing and measured its R, L & diode:

10.5 Ω

10.6 mH

0.011 each way

The replacement shows basically the same readings.

I'm not sure how to interpret the diode reading, other than to presume that there is a "short" through the coil itself, so a proper read on the diode is impossible.

I'd like to think of everything I should try before swapping out the coil. I suppose I could try checking the elements on the driver board, but after that I have no idea.

#2 3 months ago

OK: I checked some elements for this coil, and I get (with the connector out) the same readings as for the set next to it that uses the same connector.

RESIST: 360 Ω, 150 Ω

CAP: 19.5 pF

DIODE: .54, .704

TRANS:

R1,B2: 0

R1,B3: 0

R2,B1: .555

R2,B3: .303

R3,B1: .503

R3,B2: .299

1 week later
    #3 3 months ago

BUMP

2 months later
    #4 22 days ago

BUMP 2

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside