Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Battery111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Ok, been saving to buy a NIB. Thought I was decided on TFLE, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't go with a WOZ, or perhaps wait until I see what Stern has up their sleeve next. Unfortunately where I live there is no place local I can go to play, so I kind of have to buy based on reviews. Any opinions?

#2 7 years ago

Transformers is fun for awhile but it becomes a chore IMO. I would much rather have a tron for sure.
WOZ...who the heck knows.

#3 7 years ago

I am going with Predator over those two which is risky for sure but I have faith in the project. If I didn't do this I would wait for first LCD from Stern or 2nd JJP release myself. I am not going with WOZ because I do not care for the theme at all if you like it then you may want to go that route. TFLE seems to be love or hate with very mixed reviews so that may be pretty risky for you if you can't play it first. Good luck on the search!

#4 7 years ago

I think TF Pro plays better than the LE, but that's just me.

#5 7 years ago

I am interested in tron, but the prices have really gone up lately. That's the problem with saving up for a higher price bracket machine. Once you get there, there's so many options you start questioning yourself, even though you realize you would likely be reasonably happy with any of the above.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Battery111:

I am interested in tron, but the prices have really gone up lately. That's the problem with saving up for a higher price bracket machine. Once you get there, there's so many options you start questioning yourself, even though you realize you would likely be reasonably happy with any of the above.

I agree - then you also hate to be late to the party and have to pay more for the last few NIB. Also when you go up to a premium/LE you start to compare that to getting 2 pins..... the decisions never end...

#7 7 years ago

I know you said you wanted a NIB pin but with the price of a NIB pin you could buy 2-3 pins that you know is good. As I always say more pins the better

#8 7 years ago

Tron is a safe bet. If you're willing to get a pro and add some mods, you'll have a kickass game that is a proven commodity.

Otherwise, my suggestion would be to hold off for X-Men (possibly even get an LE for a good price), or you can get in on the more limited run of Predator if you like that theme better.
Both games should be available within 6-9 months.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I think for the money I would agree with you. TFLE add ons do not excite me.

#10 7 years ago

I think the big thing for me with TFLE is the added durability from the metal parts. Seems like it could improve resale down the line.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Battery111:

Ok, been saving to buy a NIB. Thought I was decided on TFLE, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't go with a WOZ, or perhaps wait until I see what Stern has up their sleeve next. Unfortunately where I live there is no place local I can go to play, so I kind of have to buy based on reviews. Any opinions?

I can offer advice. You're close enought to dfw. Go and play the 5-6 new sterns they have at nikelrama. They have tf,tron,potc,nba,and a few others. it's a good time if your single or have kids.

WOZ will be available for a few years, no hurry on that one and no need for the LE.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tommi_Gunn said:

I think for the money I would agree with you. TFLE add ons do not excite me.

The extra's are pretty bad. I was dissapointed. Pro is cheaper anyway, so that's a plus.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I am going with Predator over those two which is risky for sure but I have faith in the project.

Good deal, that is the only NIB lately that I have had any interest in, now if only I could afford one. I might need to bug you to come over and check it out when you get it.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I can offer advice. You're close enought to dfw. Go and play the 5-6 new sterns they have at nikelrama. They have tf,tron,potc,nba,and a few others. it's a good time if your single or have kids.

WOZ will be available for a few years, no hurry on that one and no need for the LE.

Nevus is providing great advice. Nothing beats going and playing them yourself to find out what you like. Drano's advice about waiting on the next release isn't bad either . . .

#15 7 years ago

I think waiting is a terrible idea. It's not like a pinball is a lifelong investment. Buy something now. Then when something you want more comes, sell what you bought and buy something else.

#16 7 years ago

May make the trip to nickelrama. I've gone up to okc before to play pinball. No reason I can't go down to Dallas.

#17 7 years ago

Go for the WOZ going to be boss.

Grant

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#19 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

^^

even though I have really high hopes for WoZ, from what I saw, I like everything they made so far, I want to see what is next for stern, if it was resident evil, avangers or x-men, might really be interested.

#20 7 years ago

Get AC/DC BIBLE or LTBRLE

#21 7 years ago

I liked Iron Man
perhaps they are a few NIB laying around ?

#22 7 years ago

As a follow up, going to Denver for a week tomorrow. Gonna go to the game exchange to check out some machines, and there are tons of places around the metro area with machines from what I can tell. Really looking forward to visiting 1-up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside