• Foo Fighters 11 votes
    16%
  • Godzilla 44 votes
    65%
  • The Godfather 13 votes
    19%

(68 votes)

#1 7 months ago

I am wanting to buy a new game for my home collection. Last weekend was our local show- Pincinnati. Before the show I was heavily considering The Godfather but after playing one I was under-impressed. My thoughts on each game are below.
_

1.) The Godfather LE- I thought there weren't many clips from the movies and the ones that were on there were short. It seemed like the main thing I noticed on the screen was the "gangsters." Not sure who these guys are but I don't think they are from the movies. I'm not sure if JJP is going to do anything else with the code, like add more or better clips from the movies.
_

2.) Godzilla premium- as most everyone knows, this is a great game. I really like it but a lot of local people, and locations, have it so I can play it fairly often. It's been out a while and I've played it a decent amount and doesn't feel "new and fresh" to me and "new and fresh" along with learning the rules is my favorite thing about getting a new machine.
_

3.) The Foo Fighters premium- I played the pro version of this game on location about a month and a half ago and thought it was pretty decent. I kind of forgot about it because I was focused on getting a James Bond, which I did get. I played the premium version at the show and I was very impressed. I don't know much about the game or rules since I only have a few games on it at this point. I don't know if the rules are any good and deep enough to be a good choice for a home environment.

_

As of now, my top pick is The Foo Fighters followed by Godzilla and then The Godfather. I would like to own all of them but can't do that so I need to pick one. What are your thoughts and / or feedback on these games. I have included a poll.

#2 7 months ago

Go with your gut which is Foo. Awesome flow and there are about 74,325 Godzillas out there if you are looking to swap your pin out for one in a year or two.

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I am wanting to buy a new game for my home collection. Last weekend was our local show- Pincinnati. Before the show I was heavily considering The Godfather but after playing one I was under-impressed. My thoughts on each game are below.
_
1.) The Godfather LE- I thought there weren't many clips from the movies and the ones that were on there were short. It seemed like the main thing I noticed on the screen was the "gangsters." Not sure who these guys are but I don't think they are from the movies. I'm not sure if JJP is going to do anything else with the code, like add more or better clips from the movies.
_
2.) Godzilla premium- as most everyone knows, this is a great game. I really like it but a lot of local people, and locations, have it so I can play it fairly often. It's been out a while and I've played it a decent amount and doesn't feel "new and fresh" to me and "new and fresh" along with learning the rules is my favorite thing about getting a new machine.
_
3.) The Foo Fighters premium- I played the pro version of this game on location about a month and a half ago and thought it was pretty decent. I kind of forgot about it because I was focused on getting a James Bond, which I did get. I played the premium version at the show and I was very impressed. I don't know much about the game or rules since I only have a few games on it at this point. I don't know if the rules are any good and deep enough to be a good choice for a home environment.
_
As of now, my top pick is The Foo Fighters followed by Godzilla and then The Godfather. I would like to own all of them but can't do that so I need to pick one. What are your thoughts and / or feedback on these games. I have included a poll.

I think the gangsters you’re referring to are JJP developers. I am 99% sure you can turn them off in the settings but an owner may be able to confirm that.

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Go with your gut which is Foo. Awesome flow and there are about 74,325 Godzillas out there if you are looking to swap your pin out for one in a year or two.

I had this thought also, there are always going to be Godzillas used to be since they made so many

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the gangsters you’re referring to are JJP developers. I am 99% sure you can turn them off in the settings but an owner may be able to confirm that.

My friend and I were also thinking they are jjp employees. I wonder what happens you turn them off? Probably just a silhouette on the screen. I definitely did not like this part of the game.

#6 7 months ago

Foo pro is a good game. You also save a few bucks buying a pro. GF would be last on my list (even though I love the movies). GZ is a great machine but sounds like you are leaning towards FF.

#7 7 months ago

So glad I saw that you got the 007 pin as the machine is super FUN.

I'd definitely go with Foo Fighters out of your list, but I'd personally recommend demolition man/banzai rally atm both those games ROCK imo

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from pokerag2:

Foo pro is a good game. You also save a few bucks buying a pro. GF would be last on my list (even though I love the movies). GZ is a great machine but sounds like you are leaning towards FF.

I agree. I went pro because I am not a huge mini-playfield fan. I play Foo more than GZ prem, but my family prefers GZ. My eldest son is warming up to Foo and is playing it more and more when he comes over. It angers him, but he keeps hitting the start button and swearing at it.

Flip a coin honestly, you can't go wrong with either FF or GZ. I can't comment on GF.

#9 7 months ago
Quoted from TrisPin:

So glad I saw that you got the 007 pin as the machine is super FUN.
I'd definitely go with Foo Fighters out of your list, but I'd personally recommend demolition man/banzai rally atm both those games ROCK imo

I really like 007 and can't wait for more code updates!

I appreciate your opinion on FF, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be going the route. I had a Demo Man for a while and enjoyed it. I've only played Banzai Run a handful of times but thought it was a cool game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Philadelphia, PA
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.