Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jhanley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

I went to college straight out of H.S and like many others did a lot of dumb and risky things. School was secondary to just having a good time. I enlisted into the Air National Guard and came back home refocused and went on the earn academic honors each semester until I graduated.

Not only did it help put me back on the right track but I now am a full timer in the Guard and love it!

In the end this may have been the preferred path for him if he acted out a bit during his high school years. Potentially him going to college with ZERO supervision would have proved to be more problems. Atleast this way he will be held to accountability and learn leadership skills that he can use outside of the service.

For now attempt to put your fears and worry away and just enjoy the graduation. Give him a big hug and let him know how proud you are of him. What happened in the past is just that....the past. He's done something that only a small fraction of the population ever do in serving. He's off to a good start in his adult life. Here's to hoping he continues to keep impressing you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-cope-with-our-child-in-the-military?tu=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.