(Topic ID: 139871)

Trying to convert my Sys 11's to tokens

By seanocaster

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm trying to convert my 3 System 11's to accept tokens.
I have the proper mechs however, the coin slots are Quater coin slots and are too small to accept tokens.

Where can I buy new Coin Chutes? I've tried Marco and only found .25 slots.

#2 8 years ago

It sounds like you are trying to use 0.984" tokens which are larger than a quarter. You should have purchased 0.900" tokens which are smaller and would have fit the slots. Or Japanese Pachislo tokens which are often the exact same size as a US quarter.

Of course, it all depends on what coin mechs you have access to. There were some that were designed to accept both US Quarters as well as 984 (they were typically labeled as such).

Depending on the slot/reject button, your only option might be to file them larger to fit the tokens you have. If it is the kind with the slot as part of the black "metal" bezel, then you would need new bezels or convert to a different bezel/button combination. Again, this all depends on which brand of coin door your game has.

#3 8 years ago

Can probably get something that will work from Happ:

http://na.suzohapp.com/amusement_products/coin_doors&C=1&R=All&S=TS

#4 8 years ago

Just open up the coin slots slightly by using a few hack saw blades (two or three sandwiched together so there the same width as the slot. Thirty or so short strokes on the bottom and then do the same to the top of the slot and you should be good. I run .984 tokens at some locations. Quarters at other locations and some locations i use .984-/ quarter combination mechs so the game will take both. You really don't have to open that slot up all that much for a .984...probably only a sixteenth of an inch. That's only a thirty second of an inch on each side of the slot. Kevin

#5 8 years ago

@kms_pinball Thank you so much!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-convert-my-sys-11s-to-tokens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.