20140527_143552.jpg
20140527_143541.jpg
Screenshot_2014-05-27-13-46-11.png
Screenshot_2014-05-27-13-24-57.png
shaker.jpg
shaker 2.jpg
boardfrount2.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Is a Johnson HC-970 motor compatible? Do I need to fab a separate power control PCB as well? I am trying to add this mod to my Demo man with the new .99 code. Does anybody sell just the mounting bracket?

#2 9 years ago

So, I need to build one of these:

boardfrount2.jpgboardfrount2.jpg

I assume this write-up for building one for STTNG:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~pinballpassion/shaker.html

will also work for wiring it up in a Demo man?

#3 9 years ago

Anyone know if the homemade controller board for STTTG will also work for Roadshow? Are both motors tied to and energized by the flasher circuit? I've never done this type of thing before.

#4 9 years ago

Am I in the right forum?

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

Hi, just making my weekly rounds. Anyone selling shaker motor brackets?

#6 9 years ago

I am not sure I would tie it to a flasher as it will go off near continuously during attract mode. The Pinbits boards are coded to know when to work and when not to. .

#7 9 years ago

So here's all I've got at the moment. Does anyone have a detailed pic of what the mount looks like and how the motor is supposed to mount into it?

shaker 2.jpgshaker 2.jpg shaker.jpgshaker.jpg
#8 9 years ago

Could a mod move this thread to the tech section? Please?

#9 9 years ago

Does anyone have a close up pic or diagram of how this motor should mount? Do the shafts need to be fixed, or free spinning? I would think free spinning, as if they were fixed they'd twist and rip the power wires out.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Could a mod move this thread to the tech section? Please?

Thanks mods. Hopefully I'll get more views/ help here than in the modding forum.

#11 9 years ago

First, the factory DM code is not capable of supporting a shaker.

You need to run the FreeWPC code. I believe in the DM code release James Cardona did, he said that PPS was coming out with a kit that would have instructions. And if memory serves, in that thread he talked about how to hook it up.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-new-rules-new-code

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

You need to run the FreeWPC code. I believe in the DM code release James Cardona did, he said that PPS was coming out with a kit that would have instructions. And if memory serves, in that thread he talked about how to hook it up.

Thanks, but I mentioned running his code in the first post (I also posted this question in that thread as well, and James answered me best he could):

I am trying to add this mod to my Demo man with the new .99 code.

I also only have the shaker motor, no mounting brackets. James mentions where to tie in a complete motor assembly, and how to turn it on in the menu, but not how to install or mount the motor to brackets. He also mentions that no one is selling the complete assembly at this time, but PPR(?) MAY run them in the future, though no one knows when. So I bought the bare Johnson HC-970 motor pictured above. I am trying to figure out what the brackets should look like and how the motor mounts into them. Anyone with a Roadshow could help with pics or diagrams from the manual if they exist.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Pretty sure he already knows this, he just needs help with the mounting etc. BUMP

#14 9 years ago

Yep.

#15 9 years ago

Wow, sorry for trying to help. I'll stand down.

#16 9 years ago

Does anybody have any close-up pictures of a Roadshow shaker motor? Anyone?

#17 9 years ago

Screenshot_2014-05-27-13-24-57.pngScreenshot_2014-05-27-13-24-57.png
Not sure if this helps or not?

#18 9 years ago

Yes it does. Thank you. Is there a key for the numbers? Parts list or something? That's a great start. Now a couple of actual pics of one would help me understand it even better.

#19 9 years ago

Here you go sir and I was thinking of taking apart my shaker in rs today to try to stop the rattling on the cabinet. If I do ill take some pics for youScreenshot_2014-05-27-13-46-11.pngScreenshot_2014-05-27-13-46-11.png

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Here you go sir and I was thinking of taking apart my shaker in rs today to try to stop the rattling on the cabinet. If I do ill take some pics for you

Screenshot_2014-05-27-13-46-11.p... 85 KB

AWESOME. I really appreciate the help man. I was just about to give up on this idea, and then you swoop in and save it. Props.

#21 9 years ago

20140527_143721.jpg20140527_143721.jpg20140527_143552.jpg20140527_143552.jpg20140527_143541.jpg20140527_143541.jpg

#22 9 years ago

Your welcome thats whats this place is for, really surprised no one else took pics sooner , wow its really dirty under the shaker cover lol

// Error: Image 238793 not found // // Error: Image 238794 not found // // Error: Image 238805 not found //
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Your welcome thats whats this place is for, really surprised no one else took pics sooner

You and me both brotha.

Quoted from bigd1979:

wow its really dirty under the shaker cover lol

Flash photography tends to bring out the worst in most pin interiors. No biggie. Wow, without pics how in the hell would I have ever known it looks like that?! Weights, spindles, brackets, rods, nuts, bolts, screws, lions, tigers and bears oh frickin' my. This could be an undertaking for sure.

#24 9 years ago

Actually its alot simpler than I thought it was u should not have to much difficulty doing it maybe just to fabricate the brackets

#25 9 years ago

My opinion is that it could be done a lot simpler than williams did. At least for a one off prototype anyway. Cut some angle bracket and put some holes in it for the mount and the shaker weights could be made from flat stock. Those are the right motors by the way.

I spoke with Rick at PPS personally and he said he was planning on selling shakers once MMR came out and that they would be compatible with RS and, by extension, my code. I was originally planning on building some but when he told me that I stopped. Hopefully they are out soon as I will be buying 2 of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 81.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trying-to-add-a-roadshow-shaker-motor-and-mounting-bracket-to-my-demoltion-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.