Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140614_194038.jpg
P1080448.jpg
IMG_48961-k.jpg
IMG_4898-k.jpg
IMG_9362-klein.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago

I'll take one of these if the price isn't to insane. Looking forward to you posting a price.

#57 9 years ago

I'm in for $75 US as well.

#81 9 years ago

So Rick does that mean you're going to make these then? They are more needed in an unbreakable design then any other part out there.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Generally Rick just wants to make sure someone isn't out there making money without paying licensing - I would think there's room to work out a deal to have rick distro these things in the US so he gets his.

Man, then the price will be $250!

Someone do this. We are all in the same boat - shitty beat to shit trunk with a new one inside the cab that we are never putting on.

#108 9 years ago

Do we start calling him Rick-O???

oooo I went there!

#137 9 years ago

The problem that the op perfected, if you go and translate the original german forum, wasn't so much in the rubber, which he used (a very expensive type of as well), but the painting, as the first few runs that he made eventually caused paint being beaten off.

My understanding is he really had to perfect the paint used, which wasn't easy, but in the end people reported zero issues down the road.

Brock, you may want to discuss this with him, see if you can maybe pay him for his input for the end result process, or a percentage to make this as good as he did. It would be a shame if people paid $75 a pop to get another trunk only to find a new set of issues.

I'm amazed he found a way to make a piece of rubber than can accept paint in a way that after a beating there was no damage to the artwork.

7 months later
#156 9 years ago

Maybe Matt from back alley can do it, he's doing the xfiles cabinet soon which suffers from the same issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trunk-rubber-for-theatre-of-magics?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.