• Latest reply 6 years ago by singlezero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170510_221043 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I'm a little curious on how many different titles Gottlieb produced in the 1960s that were
true 2 Player Add-a-Balls. Pleasure Isle, Big Top, Hyde Park, and Lariat are the ones that I'm
aware of, but I'm pretty sure there were more than just those four. Anyone know of others?
(T)

#2 6 years ago

i noticed checking out a title today that big top had made ipdb.orgs top 10 for em machines. kind of a new entry as i never knew about that game and a bit surprised. i didnt realize it was a 2 player AAB.

#3 6 years ago

I have a Big Top I restored, but wasn't aware of the other 2-player AABs. All low production machines that I've never seen.

Quoted from singlezero:

i noticed checking out a title today that big top had made ipdb.orgs top 10 for em machines. kind of a new entry as i never knew about that game and a bit surprised. i didnt realize it was a 2 player AAB.

Now I like my Big Top, but that's surprising to me. Not complaining though!

#5 6 years ago

Yea, after doing a little research, I believe Big Top (1964) was the first of the true 2 Player AABs,
and then Pleasure Isle (1965), Hyde Park (U.S. version ultra super rare) (1966), and Lariat (1969)
being the last, although there were three different titles made for Italian export: Super Duo (1967)
Super Score being the U.S. Replay, Sea Side (1967) Surf Side being the U.S. Replay, and Big Jack
(1968) haven't looked it up, but I'd expect Paul Bunyan being its counter part.
I'd like to find all three of those exports, but if only one, it would be Sea Side..

#6 6 years ago

Yes, Big Jack is the parallel game to Paul Bunyan.

Anyone who wants to see AAB games should put Pintastic New England on their calendar.
.................David Marston

#7 6 years ago

Yes, Bristol Hills was a Shoot Again and known as the New York AAB model
of Snow Derby, but it's not a true 2 Player AAB with an additional ball counter
where a player can accumulate balls on the same ball..
New York is also an AAB, but I've heard it also is not a true AAB. Can anyone
confirm this?

#8 6 years ago

For New York, I thought they used the half-circle credit stepper, shown with stars in this photo:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1673&picno=28046
I'll check my schematic.

#9 6 years ago

Yea, but I think the stars only covered the half moon opening in the window.
It mentions that the early production New York's didn't have the Replay Unit
removed (surprising). Sounds like the later ones just had an open space
behind the stars. I'm pretty sure that it's only a Shoot Again Machine..

#10 6 years ago

I checked my schematic for New York. It has the replay unit operating as usual, and in fact there is an adjustment mode to set either replay or extra ball as the award for special. Extra ball is a relay (I) and associated shoot-again light. So it's not a true add-a-ball and the replay unit counts replays but shows stars rather than the count.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time into researching that. I would never had guessed that New York
had a Replay Unit. I looked it up on the data base, and it's not easy to see, but it's there..
So it looks as if four U.S. Gottlieb true 2 Player AABs were produced, and after picking up the
Hyde Park, I have 3 out of the 4, and I'm proud to say that after making a trading deal, the 4th
is only a few days away, which one day I plan on having the additional space to have them set up..

#12 6 years ago

Its is not a GTB, but I have a Bally Loop the Loop which is a true AAB 2 player

#13 6 years ago

I have a couple Loop-the-Loops with one being the AAB version. I haven't yet gone through it,
but I never gave it a thought that balls could be built up on the same ball..
Years ago, I got in a 1963 2 Player Chicago Coin Bronco, and I hadn't known that additional balls
could be built up on the same ball until I went through it and played it.
I believe I've heard Chicago Coin put out another true 2 player AAB, but not sure. Be interesting to
know if there are any others..

#14 6 years ago

I am pretty sure that CCoin 2P Royal Flash is a true tru AAB
and also ipdb lists CCoin 2P Mustang as having an AAB model;
and Hula Hula.

#15 6 years ago

Nothing to add. Just taking the opportunity to show my baby off.

20170510_221043 (resized).jpg20170510_221043 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

am pretty sure that CCoin 2P Royal Flash is a true tru AAB
and also ipdb lists CCoin 2P Mustang as having an AAB model;
and Hula Hula.

It appears perhaps Chicago Coin produced more than Gottlieb. It looks like
they had the first with the 1963 Bronco..

Quoted from Crile1:

Just taking the opportunity to show my baby off.

Yes, that is a nice looking machine. Mine is in decent shape but I will need to touch up
the backglass a bit or have one made. I've never played a Big Top. She's a good player?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

It appears perhaps Chicago Coin produced more than Gottlieb. It looks like
they had the first with the 1963 Bronco..

Maybe, but the thread title specifically only mentions Gottlieb. Perhaps he should start another thread?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe, but the thread title specifically only mentions Gottlieb. Perhaps he should start another thread?

True. More exposure of the Chicago Coins and other possible manufacturers of the 2 Player AABs may appear,
but this thread did show me things that I hadn't known.
I'd like to locate the Italian versions (Sea Side for one), but not sure if there's any over here..

#19 6 years ago

i had a 63 cc firecracker , it came ina 2 player AAB as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/true-2-player-gottlied-add-a-balls-from-the-60s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.