Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hansen (resized).png
    9603236D-779F-4DF9-BB4A-DB43FE3DA6F4 (resized).png
    22470002-4D3F-4DEE-9858-2327DADC11DD (resized).jpeg
    untitled.jpg
    d2059ec8e8d9e163ca2695a8ee0734ee (resized).jpg
    photo_2018-05-19_14-07-31 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If there can be a bright side in all this tragedy, Trudeau says he WILL have the Michael Jackson pin done before any possible incarceration.
    "I was always inspired that Michael Jackson touched so many."
    "I actually got my first ink done a few weeks ago. I wanted to get some street cred before going inside."

Lol...but seriously...good grief. Where did you dig up that tattoo pic. Did someone really get that tattooed on their leg???

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

Lol...but seriously...good grief. Where did you dig up that tattoo pic. Did someone really get that tattooed on their leg???

Someone who needed some instant street cred.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

A great pin is a great pin. Should TOTAN sell for $3000 because JPOP is kind of a fuckwit? It’d be nice, but it won’t happen. I feel the same about Congo. I don’t believe in guilt by association when it comes to my games. I’ll enjoy it for what’s is, a great layout with decent rules.

You've hit on the key word: "Enjoy".

Personally, part of the enjoyment I get out of a game, or any art for that matter, is the association with the creator. For example: MB and RFM are more interesting, and thus more personally valuable to me because they were designed by George Gomez. IMHO, owning a pinball machine for home use is 100% emotional. I do it because it's fun, and I get some joy out of it.

I've already found that my fun and joy at playing JT's games on location has been lessened below some threshold that is important to me. If I owned one (I don't), would I throw it out on the street? Of course not. On the other hand, I might be tempted to see if there was interest in a trade for something on my wish list. We're lucky in that there are plenty of great games out there, and even if these slip in value or lose desirability, the pool of other games is quite deep.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zennmaster:

You've hit on the key word: "Enjoy".
    Personally, part of the enjoyment I get out of a game, or any art for that matter, is the association with the creator. For example: MB and RFM are more interesting, and thus more personally valuable to me because they were designed by George Gomez. IMHO, owning a pinball machine for home use is 100% emotional. I do it because it's fun, and I get some joy out of it.
    I've already found that my fun and joy at playing JT's games on location has been lessened below some threshold that is important to me. If I owned one (I don't), would I throw it out on the street? Of course not. On the other hand, I might be tempted to see if there was interest in a trade for something on my wish list. We're lucky in that there are plenty of great games out there, and even if these slip in value or lose desirability, the pool of other games is quite deep.

I get what you are saying. I have Congo on my wishlist and recently played it at YEGPIN. It's a cool and fun pinball to play...but it feels tainted in my opinion. I seem to be losing the zest I had about wanting to own it.

Like watching a movie and seeing the Weinstein company logo flash before the movie starts. Ugh....

untitled.jpguntitled.jpg

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Like watching a movie and seeing the Weinstein company logo flash before the movie starts. Ugh....

That is exactly and precisely "it".

#56 5 years ago

I find it beyond hilarious that ppl won’t play games designed by this potential perv. The game doesn’t have a soul that will creep into your own and turn you into a Geppetto. It’s a friggin pinball machine. I guess you’d have to ban quite a bit with this type of logic. Can’t watch gangs of New York now... Weinstein produced it. American beauty? That’s spacey... Ferris bueller? Broderick killed a woman drinking and driving. What about Cosby’s jello pudding pop commercials?? I wonder if the previous designer of the car you drive did worse than the Canadian prime ministers Pinball monster cousin? Happy driving!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I find it beyond hilarious that ppl won’t play games designed by this potential perv.

Nobody said they wouldn't play the game anymore.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

The game doesn’t have a soul that will creep into your own and turn you into a Geppetto.

Yes, because that's what I am afraid of when I step up to a Congo. lol

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Can’t watch gangs of New York now... Weinstein produced it. American beauty? That’s spacey

I liked Gangs of New York....but seeing the logo flash before the movie starts is enough for me to turn it off.
    American Beauty seems less like a movie and more like a biopic about Kevin Spacey now that his skeletons have been revealed.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

What about Cosby’s jello pudding pop commercials??

What about the pudding commercial? Is it still on TV? I stopped eating pudding in grade school.....

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ferris bueller? Broderick killed a woman drinking and driving.

Because drinking and driving is the same as serial sexual predatory behaviour?

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I wonder if the previous designer of the car you drive did worse than the Canadian prime ministers Pinball monster cousin? Happy driving!

I drive a Hyundai

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I find it beyond hilarious that ppl won’t play games designed by this potential perv.

Nobody's proposing a boycott, and I can only speak for myself, but I'm a little skeeved out by the whole situation, and that makes it less fun. We all like some games better than others, and this is just one more factor going into the mix.

And yeah, having been a huge fan of Kevin Spacey for decades, and having grown up listening to Bill Cosby's comedy albums, I'm deeply disappointed. The movies are less appealing, and the comedy is less funny knowing what I know now. The fact that I have a 12 year-old daughter probably amplifies it.

Like I said before, pinball is about fun, and fun is inherently emotional.

By all means, though, flip away on GB and CFTBL! Just know it's not me standing impatiently behind you.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

No. It's much much worse when you kill people. I would rather go to therapy to deal with being molested than be dead from some entitled actor drunk off his ass running families over in a foreign land. And he was never held accountable. Mathew Broderick should be rotting in a Scandinavian prison.

#60 5 years ago

And Jennifer Grey too. That bitch was with him at the time and had the nerve to pose with him for a paparazzi picture supporting him on crutches as if he was the victim. I remember it like it was yesterday. Fucking your onscreen sister? Method actors.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

No. It's much much worse when you kill people. I would rather go to therapy to deal with being molested than be dead from some entitled actor drunk off his ass running families over in a foreign land. And he was never held accountable. Mathew Broderick should be rotting in a Scandinavian prison.

Ted Kennedy did the same and was never held accountable.

Doubt there was intent with those two bozos.

It's all about intent

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If there can be a bright side in all this tragedy, Trudeau says he WILL have the Michael Jackson pin done before any possible incarceration.
    "I was always inspired that Michael Jackson touched so many."
    "I actually got my first ink done a few weeks ago. I wanted to get some street cred before going inside."

Real classy

#63 5 years ago

Luckily Ghostbusters sucks, so I don’t have to face a moral dilemma between a game I love and the sick human who designed it.

#64 5 years ago

I was in the "Innocent until proven guilty" category. And the fact that he was friends with a friend of mine made me more of defender. But being a parent and seeing these new charges makes me cringe. I'm sorry that this has happened but I can't support someone who would abuse a child. I think proving his innocence will be difficult but I still appreciate the work he has done in Pinball. So, Sell your Trudeau pins to me. I'll give up to $100 for any working games!

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Luckily Ghostbusters sucks, so I don’t have to face a moral dilemma between a game I love and the sick human who designed it.

Yep. Like boycotting Chik Filay because they use their profits to support oppression. Luckily their food sucks and tastes like pickled ass. Makes my decision to boycott their fascist company an easy one.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ted Kennedy did the same and was never held accountable.
    Doubt there was intent with those two bozos.
    It's all about intent

Ted Kennedy should have spent the formative years of his life in jail. It is all about intent for people who know better maybe. That I agree with. The intent to get drunk off your ass and drive a car into people or off a bridge. Like Mathew Broderick, Ted Kennedy didn't try to help the victim. He and Broderick Lawyered up and used their wealth and fame to avoid justice. A crazy person, who has a damaged brain and becomes a serial killer doesn't have intent. Fuck the notion of intent!

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. Like boycotting Chik Filay because they use their profits to support oppression. Luckily their food sucks and tastes like pickled ass. Makes my decision to boycott their fascist company an easy one.

Wow,what the hell I hope your being sarcastic.The owner just said he didn't agree with gay marriage,for religious
    reasons.They are oppressing no one and their food is terrific.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow,what the hell I hope your being sarcastic.The owner just said he didn't agree with gay marriage,for religious

They financially support organizations that oppose same sex marriage. I guess it depends what you consider oppression, but I think it fits the bill. I would never eat there. Religion is never a good excuse for bad ideas.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

A crazy person, who has a damaged brain and becomes a serial killer doesn't have intent. Fuck the notion of intent!

Wait....what?

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

They financially support organizations that oppose same sex marriage. I guess it depends what you consider oppression, but I think it fits the bill. I would never eat there. Religion is never a good excuse for bad ideas.

What organizations do they support that are actively oppressing people?
    Oh by the way I don't give a shit who marries who.

#71 5 years ago

Strange, I eat there all the time. Never been prayed to, never heard anything political or religious. Always get good friendly service though.

I know this is strange for some of you but it's ok for people to have different beliefs. That's really what this country is built on. The owner from Chik fila can be against gay marriage and still be someone that might be a good person that you would get along with. That company provides more jobs and does more charity work then most. But hey, he thinks different then me so he must be wrong and we should all boycott it and act real dramatic about. People with open religious beliefs get more hate and oppression then almost anything else these days. We must be ok with gay marriage and celebrate it, but that religious guy over there needs to stfu about his sky daddy.

Quoted from floyd1977:

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Strange, I eat there all the time. Never been prayed to, never heard anything political or religious. Always get good friendly service though.
    I know this is strange for some of you but it's ok for people to have different beliefs. That's really what this country is built on. The owner from Chik fila can be against gay marriage and still be someone that might be a good person that you would get along with. That company provides more jobs and does more charity work then most. But hey, he thinks different then me so he must be wrong and we should all boycott it and act real dramatic about. People with open religious beliefs get more hate and oppression then almost anything else these days. We must be ok with gay marriage and celebrate it, but that religious guy over there needs to stfu about his sky daddy.

Absolutely, people have a right to their own views, and I have a right not to support them. You may think someone who opposes equal rights can still be a good person. Respectfully, I don't share that view.

#73 5 years ago

If you guys want to marry your boyfriends go ahead, nobody gives a shit! All this is making me hungry for a chicken samwitch.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Absolutely, people have a right to their own views, and I have a right not to support them. You may think someone who opposes equal rights can still be a good person. Respectfully, I don't share that view.

You have no idea what the guys views actually are and whether he's a good person or not. You don't know him and neither do I so its foolish to say things like that. People always are screaming for tolerance but it only seems to apply to their specific views.

#75 5 years ago

Crap, my Gold Wings is worth even less now? Haha.

#77 5 years ago

22470002-4D3F-4DEE-9858-2327DADC11DD (resized).jpeg22470002-4D3F-4DEE-9858-2327DADC11DD (resized).jpeg

#78 5 years ago

You can’t disagree with these people, but if you do you can find out just how open minded they are!

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Every accused person is innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't matter if it's a traffic ticket or serial murder.

If guilty. Without the means to defend himself he'll be forced into a plea deal and there will never be a trial, testimony, or evidence presented in court.

In a court of law, sure.

Here we are all welcome to presume what we want. I think most of us have heard enough.

#80 5 years ago

His methods may be unorthodox, but the dude’s doing what he can to keep pinball in the news.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow,what the hell I hope your being sarcastic. The owner just said he didn't agree with gay marriage,for religious

Have you been to a Chick-Fil-A "Team Leadership Summit"...or....what it really is...a lame ass Christian indoctrination camp? Have you met Dan or Bubba in person?

I have. Twice. I got sent, by my store, on their dime to Atlanta. I'll post pictures of my shirts from it as proof. They NEVER. F----G. SHUT. UP. ABOUT. THE. RELIGION. A whole weekend to actually maybe teach people how to manage a store and what do they do? *Force* you to suffer through two and a half hours of some no-name christian rock band after spending an hour and a half listening to some douchebag speaker talk about how great of a leader he is while offering nothing practical but "OH HEY BUY MY BOOK, MY ORGANIZATIONAL BINDERS AND FOLDERS, AND YOU TOO CAN BE A SUCCESS MAKING 10/HOUR AT CHICK-FIL-A WHEEEEEE!!!" PS: ALSO BUY THE STORY OF HOW ONE OF TRUETT'S SONS BURNED HIMSELF BY THE ROAD.

I swear...at one point of the big seminar section, before the ghetto rock band came out...they seriously trotted out like two or three store operators and tried to pimp like they were a diverse company. "Look, this one is Muslim! Look, this one is a Jew! We even have an Atheist!" ....and then....Jesus music all up in yo' shit for HOURS.

F--k Chick-Fil-A. Their food isn't THAT good, and it's certainly not GOOD FOR YOU despite what they want you to believe.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

A great pin is a great pin. Should TOTAN sell for $3000 because JPOP is kind of a fuckwit? It’d be nice, but it won’t happen. I feel the same about Congo. I don’t believe in guilt by association when it comes to my games. I’ll enjoy it for what’s is, a great layout with decent rules.

Only thing I would disagree with you is on the Ghostbusters LE. Then you have the sick fucks signature on the game right by your flippers.
    Ugh. Nope.

#83 5 years ago

I guess you set me straight,brother!

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Have you been to a Chick-Fil-A "Team Leadership Summit"...or....what it really is...a lame ass Christian indoctrination camp? Have you met Dan or Bubba in person?
    I have. Twice. I got sent, by my store, on their dime to Atlanta. I'll post pictures of my shirts from it as proof. They NEVER. FUCKING. SHUT. UP. ABOUT. THE. RELIGION. A whole weekend to actually maybe teach people how to manage a store and what do they do? *Force* you to suffer through two and a half hours of some no-name christian rock band after spending an hour and a half listening to some douchebag speaker talk about how great of a leader he is while offering nothing practical but "OH HEY BUY MY BOOK, MY ORGANIZATIONAL BINDERS AND FOLDERS, AND YOU TOO CAN BE A SUCCESS MAKING 10/HOUR AT CHICK-FIL-A WHEEEEEE!!!" PS: ALSO BUY THE STORY OF HOW ONE OF TRUETT'S SONS BURNED HIMSELF BY THE ROAD.
    I swear...at one point of the big seminar section, before the ghetto rock band came out...they seriously trotted out like two or three store operators and tried to pimp like they were a diverse company. "Look, this one is Muslim! Look, this one is a Jew! We even have an Atheist!" ....and then....Jesus music all up in yo' shit for HOURS.
    F--k Chick-Fil-A. Their food isn't THAT good, and it's certainly not GOOD FOR YOU despite what they want you to believe.

LMAO, you are funny Frax. Their food is awesome and i ate there last night. Who cares what their beliefs are? Obviously nobody does because their restaurants are packed out everytime you go to one of them! If them being Christians and following the word of God is the worst thing they ever do, im ok with that. I don’t understand why people give a shit about what other peoples beliefs are so much. I have enough trouble keeping up with myself, much less anyone else. So much hate toward Christians these days, I don’t get it.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I have. Twice. I got sent, by my store, on their dime to Atlanta. I'll post pictures of my shirts from it as proof. They NEVER. F----G. SHUT. UP. ABOUT. THE. RELIGION. A whole weekend to actually maybe teach people how to manage a store and what do they do? *Force* you to suffer through two and a half hours of some no-name christian rock band after spending an hour and a half listening to some douchebag speaker talk about how great of a leader he is while offering nothing practical but "OH HEY BUY MY BOOK, MY ORGANIZATIONAL BINDERS AND FOLDERS, AND YOU TOO CAN BE A SUCCESS MAKING 10/HOUR AT CHICK-FIL-A WHEEEEEE!!!" PS: ALSO BUY THE STORY OF HOW ONE OF TRUETT'S SONS BURNED HIMSELF BY THE ROAD.

So you were shocked and offended that a Christian based food chain based strongly on those values expressed that at their training seminars? What in world did you expect?

No fast food is good for you. They do at least have non fried chicken and healthy side options now though.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

LMAO, you are funny Frax. Their food is awesome and i ate there last night. Who cares what their beliefs are? Obviously nobody does because their restaurants are packed out everytime you go to one of them! If them being Christians and following the word of God is the worst thing they ever do, im ok with that. I don’t understand why people give a shit about what other peoples beliefs are so much. I have enough trouble keeping up with myself, much less anyone else. So much hate toward Christians these days, I don’t get it.

Well to be fair this Dan and Bubba held a gun to his head and made him work there. Then the smuggled him in a duffle bag to Atlanta and gave him Christian reeducation torture until he conformed.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Seriously? - when you drink -> drive -> AND KILL A WOMAN, possibly a mother with little kids ->>> YES -> killing people is at the same level!!!

EDITED >>> I had not read TheHueManatee's posts leading up to this one when I made this post, after reading his prior posts I see that I misinterpreted this question/comment. My bad.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Seriously? - when you drink -> drive -> AND KILL A WOMAN, possibly a mother with little kids ->>> YES -> it's just as serious!!!

Not according to most state laws. And it also doesn't matter if it's a woman or a man killed. I guess you value one more then the other but the laws do not.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Seriously? - when you drink -> drive -> AND KILL A WOMAN, possibly a mother with little kids ->>> YES -> it's just as serious!!!

Of course it's serious. Where did I say it wasn't? It's not the SAME as sexually serially preying on people/children.

You don't seem to understand the concept of Mens rea. Because it's highly interwoven in the judicial system. Check it out

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Not according to most state laws. And it also doesn't matter if it's a woman or a man killed. I guess you value one more then the other but the laws do not.

I didn't want to say Father of little kids -> since it was a woman. It seemed more appropriate to say "Mother".
    What in my post indicated more value because it was a woman???

#91 5 years ago

*Edit* Deleted. I don't need this sh-t today, and I'm not going to be baited into it.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Of course it's serious. Where did I say it wasn't? It's not the SAME as sexually serially preying on people/children.
    You don't seem to understand the concept of Mens rea. Because it's highly interwoven in the judicial system. Check it out

I wasn't referencing intent, which is different. But any deliberate action that puts others in danger to the point where you actually cause their death is very serious. And your statement implied that it was really not a big deal. Can you understand that?

EDITED -> My Bad -> I had not read TheHueManatees prior posts. After reading them, I see he was not implying that it wasn't a big deal.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

I didn't want to say Father of little kids -> since it was a woman. It seemed more appropriate to say "Mother".
    What in my post indicated more value because it was a woman???

The giant capital letters makes it seem like that is a sticking point for you. Maybe not intended that way but that's how it reads.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Frax why are all your posts so whiny and negative? Still sore about Popok and Beelow?

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

The giant capital letters makes it seem like that is a sticking point for you. Maybe not intended that way but that's how it reads.

So it would have been better for you if I said "KILLED A PERSON"???? Even though the context was a woman?

#96 5 years ago

In before the close!

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

And your statement implied that it was really not a big deal. Can you understand that?

No it did not. It was a question to the gentleman I quoted. So how can it be a statement?

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

The person I quoted......?
    SMFH.
    Go to hell. Literally. As in, I hope you're right and it exists and you end up there. Why does anyone care? Because I'm f'ing sick and tired of being told how I should live my life or that I need to believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster in order to just...oh I don't know...BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING and expect that other people should have access to the same privileges I do. You bloody hypocrites can't even follow your own advice. At least I don't pretend to be something I'm not.

I can't speak for Who-Day, but I'm not religious at all. I don't need to post crazy anti religious stuff like you do though. I also don't believe anyone is going around telling you as an adult what to believe. No one is chasing me around trying to convert me. Maybe your super aggressive stance towards religion causes people to lash back? I don't know, just a guess.

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trudeau-in-news-again/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.