This is my first time in this forum. I didnt know it existed. I would be grateful if you can help me. I have a Bally's truck stop and my right top and bottom flippers just stopped. We are here on vacation and the kids (and me) are dying to play "Big Betty" and she is not working!
Here's what I know....
1. power going to both flipper coils.
2. all wiring shows continuity- including wires to Control board
3. flipper switch is working fine.
Here is what i also found.
1. bottom left screw of control board is missing
2. and laying in the bottom of the Back Box was a braided ground wire with a round washer lug on it and a 4 inch plastic sleeve around the braided wire .
3. my rail on the outside of the machine does not appear to be connected to ground.
4. one of the leads on one of the diodes on the bottom left flipper was not securely connected. It appears that it broke loose. I have soldered back in place.
So here are my questions.....
1. could my problem be the control board?
2. I read that having a broken diode could send a spike to the control board and mess things up.
3. Is it possible to bypass the control board to see if the coils are working. (I do not think its the coils because they both stopped at the same time. And at one point after fiddling around inside. Both flippers worked for about 1 second and then stopped again. I would think if its a coil they both would not stop and start at the same time. )
4. Should that ground wire with the lug attached be connected to the bottom left screw of the Control Board.
5. How can i check to see if its the control board that is causing my problem?
Thank you for your help.