(Topic ID: 210603)

Trough switch actuation problems-Williams Sys4 (Stellar Wars)

By deluge

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

trough switch (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3609 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Fixing up a #Stellar Wars and getting through a long list of problems. Now that all the boards are up and running I am trying to tackle a problem with the leaf switch in the trough. The switch itself works when I manually make contact. However, the wire the ball is supposed to trip to activate the switch doesn't look like the right part. There is a picture attached of the wire and switch from my machine and a drawing from the Williams parts catalog.

Any thoughts on replacing with a newer microswitch? Were there different shapes/designs for these? Even if mine got bent so it fit in the trough to be activated by the ball, it looks like it could only separate the leaf switch, not make contact...maybe someone wired this up wrong?

IMG_3609 (resized).JPGIMG_3609 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Might help to post a picture of the switch you have questions on.

#3 6 years ago

That wire needs adjusted so it’s going up through the slot. The ball cant push down on the wire when it’s under the playfield. It’s a little like your out lanes look at them. It least that’s what the picture looks like to me

#4 6 years ago

leafs of the switch go below the wire. that will cause the other end to ride above the trough and only trigger the switch when the ball pushes it down

trough switch (resized).jpgtrough switch (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

leafs of the switch go below the wire. that will cause the other end to ride above the trough and only trigger the switch when the ball pushes it down

Well, that solves that mystery! Now that I know where everything is going and how it should actuate this shouldn't be too hard to bend and get back in.

#6 6 years ago

Don't bend -- remove the leaf switch then re position the wire.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trough-switch-actuation-problems-williams-sys4-stellar-wars?hl=deluge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.