New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 65574)

Trough Kickout starts immediately and repeats, STTNG

By Boatshoe

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I opened up my sttng to replace a light bulb. This was apparently a huge mistake!

As soon as I restarted the game the solenoid (sol 11) in the trough fired, and refired. This is immediate. I do not even have a chance to start a game. It behaves as if I am doing a solenoid test.

I tried resoldering the coil, but that did not help. As far as I can tell the Violet Orange wire goes to multiple coils, and those are all fine. The brown orange wire comes from J 127, and does not attach to anything else. I unplugged and reconnected J 127 connector. No change.

My unfortunate realization at this point is that it may be the Q54 transistor? Am I missing something? I have not done board work before. I was sure I would find a loose wire shorting somewhere since everything was working 100% about 30 min ago.

Thanks in advance!

#2 7 years ago

Does it lock on, or keep firing ? Locked on is bad transistor. Keep firing is lost a ball or too many. The game is confused. Then start with ball trough opto boards, anything loose or broken on them ? All the optos work in switch edge test ?

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Yes, most likely a switch problem not a coil or transistor problem.

#4 7 years ago

It keeps firing. It fires as soon as the game turns on and keeps going. It happens when there are 0 balls in the game, or all 6. I thought if it was an opto problem it would at least do a ball search or wait until I hit start.

I will go through the switch tests.

Thanks

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I thought if it was an opto problem it would at least do a ball search

It is doing a ball search, kicking them to see if it corrects itself.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside