New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 92906)

Trough kickout consistency?

By Boatshoe

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

stuck.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

I have a STTNG (aka problem child). The kickout strength from the ball trough is all over the place. Sometimes It comes out so hard it goes straight back into the trough. Sometimes It pops out just perfectly. Othertimes it dribbles out. This normally wouldn't be an issue, except, the below picture happens more often then I would like. It really messes everything up. The ball gets into this position after ejecting and bouncing back from the cabinet.

I have already tried adjusting the height of the coil, and it doesn't appear that anything is loose. I have also bent the ball guide and it has not solved any issues. Is there something else I should be looking at? Any ideas?

Thanks!

stuck.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Assuming the coil sleeve is good, and the plunger is the right one and not worn.

Stand on the side of the game and watch the ball coming up and see if it hits anything. The metal flap on the right side that directs the ball to the shooter lane, I wonder if you need to bend it out a little so the ball goes out more instead of down to where it sits.

LTG : )™

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside