(Topic ID: 265968)

Trough board hot!

By Watkinsd13

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Watkinsd13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So out of nowhere my judge dredd started shooting balls out continuously. I figured it was a trough issue so got to the boards and the green board #A-17982 gad the clip attached to it but both the black wire and the grey and yellow wire had severed in half. Looking at them it looks like somebody had hooked into the connecter several times and it slowly cut threw. I thought I connected them back together and tried it again on a extra brand new board but now the board is getting really hot after just a couple seconds. I am still really new to these fixes so if somebody can explain the proper way to connect these wires together and I am not sure how to know which wire goes to which part in the clip. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

Oh and now when I turn the machine on the sniper tower keeps popping and so does the left ball plunger where the middle launcher is.

#3 4 years ago

I just realized that now my trough sensor boards are not getting power. Does this seem to be a fuse problem?

#5 4 years ago

LTG alrighty. I did what you said and sure enough fuse f-116 had blown. I replaced that double checked everything and now everything is working and back to normal except the resistors now are getting Hot on the new board.

Is there something I can check? Can it be the wires or the little that the wires slide into? Should I just buy a new clip? Or is it sounding like something else?

The fuse that I replaced is cool though. I thought i maybe had the wires backwards so I switched them and that was when everything else went wrong and I goes I blew the fuse but I think that is all it did.

#8 4 years ago

LTG underlord i did replace the board so that is new. The connector isn’t the best so I’m just going to order one to be on the safe side. The old one and new both get the same temperature. It’s noticeably hot but it doesn’t burn me or anything. I can just feel that it’s warm. I honestly did not know they get hot so I really appreciate that info! Should I turn the machine on and let it be on awhile and just see if it gets any hotter? I guess I might just be over reacting to the temp.

#10 4 years ago

underlord now your speaking my language! thank you so much! I’m going to look into the better trough boards. I just had ordered this one from Marco a year back but ended up never using it. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Watkinsd13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trough-board-hot?tu=Watkinsd13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.