(Topic ID: 218694)

Troubleshooting startup problems on a Gottlieb Sheriff.

By KW_pins

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Andreas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Need help troubleshooting a Gottlieb Sheriff. When I try to start a game it gets stuck in reset. Motor runs and a stepper under the playfield runs. I think it's a bonus step up/down unit. I cleaned all the switches and wipers on the bonus stepper but the game still won't reset and kick out a ball. Also, if I switch the score reels off of zero manually, only the player 4 reels and the thousands and ten thousands reels on player three reset.

What should I do next?

#2 5 years ago

If the 3rd&4th Player Reset (Z3) relay stays activated during reset, and the 2nd&3rd Player Reset (Z2) relay never activates, check these switches, one on each the 6 score reels that do reset. Likely one of them is never opening.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

check these switches, one on each the 6 score reels that do reset. Likely one of them is never opening.

Thanks HowardR !

Is that an orange wire with green stripe?

My old eyes are having trouble reading the diagram on my phone.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from KW_pins:

Is that an orange wire with green stripe?

Yes

#5 5 years ago

I cleaned all the score reels and adjusted all the switch positions so they're all opened at 0 now. The bonus stepper unit under the playfield just keeps going and going now along with the reset motor.

What should I check next? Thanks in advance

#6 5 years ago

If the Control Bank doesn't reset, check this circuit and if it looks OK, carefully diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires. Carefully! It's full 120 volts.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

check this circuit

Which circuit?

Also, Thank you @HowardR! These diagrams are SUPER helpful!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from KW_pins:

Which circuit?

What, no mental telepathy? Duh!!! Sorry!

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
2 months later
#9 5 years ago

Did you finish this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/troubleshooting-startup-problems-on-a-gottlieb-sheriff- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.