By chadderack

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0664 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Initially thought this might be a shorted switch, but as you can see in the video--the switches in switch test all appear to be fine.

I haven't pulled the sound rom and re-seated. The batteries are still on the board (soon to be remedied) but everything in that area appears super clean.

Something must be triggering the sound sample... I think "It's showtime" is triggered when a game is started, so maybe it has something to do with the start button.

Thoughts?

IMG_0664 (resized).JPGIMG_0664 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Reseat all your cables on your sound board and the ribbon cable at both ends at the sound board and the MPU board. Usually reseating the ribbon cable does the trick.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Reseat all your cables on your sound board and the ribbon cable at both ends at the sound board and the MPU board. Usually reseating the ribbon cable does the trick.

Hi, thank you for the tip.

The cable itself might be an issue... I think the 20 pin ribbon cable is bad. Moving it slightly while the game is on seems to make the music and sounds come back on during play. None of my other games have a similar cable. I'll order a 20 pin ribbon cable from Marco and see what happens.

ETA: New cable fixed the issue. Marking topic as resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
$ 18.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/troubleshooting-rocky-bullwinkle-its-showtime-over-and-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.