Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B3362EB1-5661-41CA-A341-134420101B6C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shado01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Restoring a Stern Big Game. The game was completely dead. I put in a new rectifier board and it's generating all the proper voltages. I then went to the solenoid driver board. When I applied power I only get the proper high voltages at TP 2 and TP 4. No 5v or 12v at any of the other test points. I replaced the capacitors on the solenoid driver and did the suggested grounding modification on the solenoid driver to include running a trace from TP1 to TP3. Still no voltages other than proper high voltage readings. What should I try next, if anything, before rewiring J3 on the solenoid driver board? How can I check that the proper voltages are getting to the solenoid driver board?

#3 3 years ago

OK thanks, I'll check the connector.

#9 3 years ago

OK, back to the original question. I replaced J3 AND put in a new Alltrek solenoid driver board and I still don't get any 5v or 12v on the solenoid driver board. Again my rectifier board is new, it puts out all the correct voltages and I replaced ALL the rectifier connectors. The Alltek pamphlet that came with the solenoid driver board says that this problem (no 5 v or 12v) could be caused by a corroded/faulty MPU. What exactly am I looking for on the MPU that would cause this problem?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shado01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/troubleshooting-early-bally-stern-solenoid-driver-board?tu=shado01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.