9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by newmantjn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

There's one component in the back box (is labeled, I'll have to confirm what it is again) on the right hand side when looking into the back. (ball count?) There's a coil on the back of this component that seems to continuously fire.

It would help to know what this is labeled. Pictures would help too. Is the continuously firing coil firing at a regular pace? Or is there another (uneven) pattern to it? Does the stepper advance with every fire of the coil, or no? Does it ever reset?

Quoted from nagamitsu:

Then there is this large "motor" in the cabinet, that constantly turns. Reminds me of a score motor. I don't think it should be going non-stop. What I don't get is (comparing to my other EM), the game seems to play just fine. It seems something is trying to or needs to reset for this one motor to stop, but it's not obvious what it is trying to reset.

Again, pictures would help. But what other motor would it be if it's not the score motor? Does the continuously firing coil correspond to the cycling of the motor?

Quoted from nagamitsu:

Also, is it normal that there would be a coil/switch missing in the cabinet, I believe labeled 30v hold.

Doesn't sound normal, but I'm having trouble picturing what you're describing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/troubleshooting-63-gottlieb-flying-chariots?tu=textrivers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.