9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by newmantjn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all, a recent pick up, working on a Gottlieb Flying Chariots. I may be using incorrect word for two components, so bare with me. The game starts up, coins up and plays just fine. All scoring, targets, everything works. Score does zero/reset just fine too.

There's one component in the back box (is labeled, I'll have to confirm what it is again) on the right hand side when looking into the back. (ball count?) There's a coil on the back of this component that seems to continuously fire.

Then there is this large "motor" in the cabinet, that constantly turns. Reminds me of a score motor. I don't think it should be going non-stop. What I don't get is (comparing to my other EM), the game seems to play just fine. It seems something is trying to or needs to reset for this one motor to stop, but it's not obvious what it is trying to reset.

Also, is it normal that there would be a coil/switch missing in the cabinet, I believe labeled 30v hold.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

#3 9 years ago

I'll take some pics again when I am back at it. Unit in the back box, is a regular pace, the stepper it is advancing has already reached its end and can't move further.

The motor in the main cabinet, certainly could be the score motor, it's more of a vertical/upright (spinning round like a record turntable) compared to the score motor I'm familiar with in my Zaccaria. Confusion for me is there's something more horizontal that looks like a score motor, that seems to have two positions to it however. So most likely the one continuously running is the score motor.

Tim

#5 9 years ago

Thanks! So yes, the score motor constantly runs, however all score reels do reset and do count up while playing. The missing coil on mine, is on the right side across from the score motor, next to the counter. There is a leaf switch there, but no coil. Manually activating the switch appears to do nothing. (is labelled 30v lock or something like that)

The unit in back box is on the right side in this pic:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=901&picno=31493&zoom=1

Not sure what the name is, going by memory, was player or ball count. Possibly both running/advancing are related. Will check switch adjustments and cleaning. (lots of grease used at the score motor)

Tim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/troubleshooting-63-gottlieb-flying-chariots?tu=nagamitsu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.